Suggestions for Concrete-Pond Patching Product?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So, you buy expendable fish. You keep them until the weather turns cold. Then you drain your pond for winter, so you can catch said expendable fish. You re-home the fish, or take them back to the store.

I must be missing something here. Just how small is your pond?

Couldn’t you just buy fewer fish, or stick with something like minnows that will stay small?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And one other note: When I buy the feeder fish, they are just the right size for the relatively small pond, especially since there are two dozen of them. I'd just as soon not keep the fish as they get larger, even if that were practical.

I'm sure that's a good approach for some situations. However, the area to be patched is so small and the patch seems to be working, so creating a trough or coating the entire boulder in this case seems unnecessary. But I'll keep your suggestion in mind for the future.

Bill
HARD SAYING WITHOUT A PHOTO

BSquared18

Apond my soul!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
So, you buy expendable fish. You keep them until the weather turns cold. Then you drain your pond for winter, so you can catch said expendable fish. You re-home the fish, or take them back to the store. .... Couldn’t you just buy fewer fish, or stick with something like minnows that will stay small?

The pond holds about 200 gallons, give or take.

Why would I buy fewer or permanently small fish? I would still have to remove them at the end of the warm weather for the explained reasons. Also, the number we have allows them to school and socialize nicely and is more enjoyable for us.

Minnows are dark and hard to see, contrasted with the brightly colored goldfish.

The fish are happy. We are happy.

Bill

BSquared18

Apond my soul!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
HARD SAYING WITHOUT A PHOTO

First, let me say I'm very impressed by your pond as described in your footer. Mine is much simpler and fits well in our backyard. At this stage, all a photo would show is a thin white patch. If the leak reoccurs in the future, maybe we can revisit the issue. But for now, all is well.

Thanks,
Bill

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
First, let me say I'm very impressed by your pond as described in your footer. Mine is much simpler and fits well in our backyard. At this stage, all a photo would show is a thin white patch. If the leak reoccurs in the future, maybe we can revisit the issue. But for now, all is well.

Thanks,
Bill
If you click on the description where it is blue that you mentioned it brings you to the post

Ask a Question