Summer pond pictures wanted!!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@RobAmy , I put that video of your pond on full screen and was able to get lost in it - It felt like summer!! Thank you! I will be watching that video a lot more until this white stuff melts!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here are some of my favorites on this dreary February day.

DSCN8098.JPG DSCN8106.JPG DSCN8140.JPG DSCN8439.JPG DSCN8441.JPG
One from a few years back but an all time favorite that makes me happy.
pondbeergood.jpg

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was waiting for some of your pictures @pecan ! Love them!

And the last one says it all!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Rain 8-9-13 007.JPG IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0676.JPG DSC01358.JPG

Hey guys and gals! It's been a little while since I've posted, but I have been lurking around the corner. With the pond frozen and the snow cover it all looks the same here too cas. Not very much going on except a few deer prints where they walked across the pond heading for the apple trees.. I don't know if they remember there's a pond there. We had -11 night before last with wind. Nasty stuff!

(Sorry about the duplicate images....it would appear I've forgotten how to post them! )

Attachments

• IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Rain 8-9-13 007.JPG
    Rain 8-9-13 007.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 242

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi there Timothy! Welcome back you lurker! We are just ice ice ice, but melting today some so they say. Heavy warm rain coming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi there Timothy! Welcome back you lurker! We are just ice ice ice, but melting today some so they say. Heavy warm rain coming.

Hi Addy! Thank you. I've been stopping by from time to time but right now there's absolutely nothing going on at the pond except as you say, ice, ice, and more ice. We did well for quite a while, but Mother Nature must have noticed her oversight and is making up for lost time lately. I'm going to check the ice depth in a day or two. We had -11 two nights ago.......the ultimate antithesis to a summer photo thread!:) Sorry CAS!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Temps going up to unseasonably warm this coming weekend, mid 60's predicted for Fri-Sun! I think Ole P. Phil was right on the mark after all. Temps for the next few weeks at or above normal temps. Yep, I'll take that! Hate the frost coming out of the ground, though, and all the mud associated with it, but it's something we have to go through to get to the warm, so bring it on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
............ Temps for the next few weeks at or above normal temps. Yep, I'll take that! Hate the frost coming out of the ground, though, and all the mud associated with it, but it's something we have to go through to get to the warm, so bring it on.

I agree! The old timers around here say we have five seasons; Summer, Fall, Winter, Mud, and Spring. During Mud and early spring, we get our first signs of truly warm weather when the "Frost Heaves" signs come out. This isn't advertising for an ice cream-type treat, but warnings that your car's suspension is about to be severely tested. After these signs we look forward to the Maine State flower which are orange traffic cones, and the Maine State Bush the orange white stripped traffic barrels. (Do the mental images of these count as "Summer Photo's"?):)
To keep my post legit and not a total hijack, here's a couple more summer shots; The first two were taken June 2nd. The last two were July 15th. The bog survives!

DSC00980.JPG DSC00979.JPG DSC01327.JPG DSC01329.JPG

Ask a Question