Tank raised Koi fry

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LyndaMT, Sep 16, 2011.

1. LyndaMT

taherrmann4 Tmann

Thanks for the comments lynda. It was a blank canvas that turned out pretty well. I tell my wife we need to move and find another blank canvas so I can do it all over again, this time fixing everything that I screwed up and doing things that I didn't do in this pond.

taherrmann4, Sep 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

Taherrmann4,
    By far the most amazing transformation I've ever seen:) If you do move and start over I look forward to seeing that as well:)

LyndaMT, Sep 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. LyndaMT

sissy sissy

well if you are thinking of moving south down this way is cheap .Just need to find a job here which there are few of

sissy, Sep 17, 2011
  4. LyndaMT

fishin4cars True friends just call me Larkin Moderator

Welcome aboard, and very nice pics! Sorry to hear about Tanaka.

fishin4cars, Sep 17, 2011
  5. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

Thank you, fishin4cars. I appreciate the compassion. The pics are a blast (and sometimes a migraine) to take; I'm glad you liked them.

LyndaMT, Sep 17, 2011
  6. LyndaMT

Oh yea, I know the feeling, tried taking many many pics through the years and It's a challenge getting good clear pics of fish at all, shooting through glass is twice the challenge. If I read correctly the big fish in the pond were at your parents. ?? Those are some big pretty fish! I know the feeling well on losing loved pets. We lost most of our pond koi last year to a heron and owl attack. Now we are dealing with our Pug, She's 12 years old, blind, deaf, and slowly going down hill. It's hard knowing the day is coming sooner than later, we just keep trying to make her as comfortable and happy as we can until the time comes. She's been our baby since my wife and I got married so she'll be missed greatly.

7. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

Fishin,
    That broke my heart, I lost my pug a year ago....Not an easy day....She's 12?! WOW:) She must know that she's the "Queen of all things" then:) Enjoy everyday.
    Yes, the pond is my Parents. Hand dug in Carolina clay...because, well, apparently New Yorkers thought that would be a good idea..LOL. It was a great bonding experience.
    Her fish are fantastic.....the large blue-eyed burgandy and white is the original Tanaka, my females father. My fishes colors were muddy because she wasn't outside, when she was she looked just like him:) I've had Heron issues, as we all have. I used small stakes and twine and just "fenced" the pond. (Herons cant move their legs in a way that lets them step over.) Owls, though, never had that problem.

LyndaMT, Sep 17, 2011
  8. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

Fishin,
    I like your setup and I love the "river bed" formation. What are those distinct blue flowers?

LyndaMT, Sep 17, 2011
  9. LyndaMT

I've been asked several times, I really don't know. I got it at Lowes and it died about a month later. I'm going to look next spring and see what if I can find it again. Going to try a different spot to plant it if I buy another one. that one spot I have planted about 6 different plants there and every one has died. It's the jinxed spot in the yard. LOL Even the weeds die there!

10. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

LOL, time for a statue in that spot:)

LyndaMT, Sep 17, 2011
  11. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

Its kind of amazing what will, and will not, grow near a pond. I brought a cotton plant back from NC (I did not steal it from a field...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) I had never seen one and fell in love with it. Planted it next to my old pond up here (NY) and it took off. I literally had to cut it down:( Saved a bunch of seeds but never got any of them to grow.

LyndaMT, Sep 17, 2011
  12. LyndaMT

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

[​IMG]

beautiful little fish you have there, you take great pictures and sorry for your loss.

I am fighting the heron attack, a great blue finally found our pond. Two of them flew over all summer, I think my fish finally got big enough to be seen by the birds. We used stakes and fishing line, 6 rows up to 3 feet high, the dumb bird tripped on the line ended up doing a header into the pond. So now have fenced the pond with chicken wire. Waiting for the bird to come back, will just watch to see if it can figure a way in.

Your aquariums with the fry are great looking, the fish all look healthy. Good job.

addy1, Sep 17, 2011
  13. LyndaMT

superdaft

I'm glad to of been able to help, looking forward to the progress reports of your fry.

superdaft, Sep 17, 2011
  14. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

addy1,
    Thank you very much:) I really enjoy taking the pictures. Next photo update; end of the month:) Herons....they were NOT placed on the protected list by any Koi keeper; I'll tell you that much. I do hope that the fencing works for you. Any loss is bad; but those herons seem always to get the one you've been watching:( This must be how Montana ranchers feel about wolves.

LyndaMT, Sep 18, 2011
  15. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

How does one upload photos to this site? I may wish to enter one of the babies in the photo contest....although the competition is already steep:) I'm sure that I am just overlooking something simple, but....haven't figured it out yet.

LyndaMT, Sep 18, 2011
  16. LyndaMT

j.w I Love my Goldies

See the box down on the lower rt that says More Reply Options? Click that then choose More Options. Then on the left you will see Attach Files w/ a box to click that says Choose Files...........click that and a box will open on your computer where you can find where you store your pictures. Go there and highlight any photo's you want to add and click open and it will upload to the post and then you can just click add reply when it is done uploading. You can preview the photo's w/ the preview button to make sure it is to your liking before you hit reply. Hope this helps.

j.w, Sep 18, 2011
  17. LyndaMT

koiguy1969 GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!

plotobucket makes it real easy!

koiguy1969, Sep 18, 2011
  18. LyndaMT

Yeah I know, I just can't kill it, so far our fencing is working, it was back again today, walking a different area of the pond. Will keep watching and see what happens.

addy1, Sep 19, 2011
  19. LyndaMT

LyndaMT

Wooo HOooooo.....I got a vote in the photo contest:) I'm so excited about this:) Have you guys seen all those wonderful pictures? (PS, no, it wasn't my own vote either. I voted for someone else) :)

LyndaMT, Sep 22, 2011
    baeya likes this.
  20. LyndaMT

There are some nice shots, was very hard to choose whom to vote for (didn't vote for self either)

addy1, Sep 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question