The fake FBI froze my computer and demanded $200 ramson for phony cyber crime offenses!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My computer guru recommended to me avira for viruses and malwarebytes for spyware and I have been using them for a while. These are significantly better than avast and spybot and are free as well. The easiest way to remove a recent virus is to go into safemode. Type in msconfig in search and startup in safe mode, or hit the F8 key when you reboot and the computer starts up windows. Then you can use system restore to go back to an earlier date before the virus hit and do all your scans. Obviously if you have an Apple computer you don't need to read any of this because it is much harder to be attacked! Also it is smart to use a different browser on your computer for different types of work. This way if you do get hit with a virus it will less likely affect the work you do on other browsers. I use one specific browser just for financial stuff and don't surf the web or open e-mails with that browser. However nothing is foolproof. The owner of Lifelock, the company that offers to secure someones indentity from being stolen gives out his social security number and challenge people to copy his identity. He has been scammed successfully numerous times!

Ask a Question