addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well we are officially Geezers.................

Honey retired on the 3rd, we were in the car heading south on the 4th. Left the snow, ice, minus degree temps, 24 hours later (stopped for the night in south carolina) we entered 80 degree weather, sun out, ocean breeze. Down in southern florida, They are talking of the cold wave coming, to be prepared....................40 degrees at night, 60 day lol. shoot that is shorts weather when you live in the cold country.
We were out in shorts and tshirts, the Floridians were out in jackets.

81 today

Guess we are now called SNOW BIRDS! Going for a miserable walk on the beach in cold..................70 degree weather.............. My lil pup is happy to go outside not totally bundled up

We have work to do to finish fixing up his dad's house that we bought from his brothers (tearing down walls,moving doors lol 1970's house just updating it.) Other than that no schedule. Honey is still grasping the concept of not going to work anymore.

We will be here until mid march, more or less. We had some very good friends move in to care for our house, they live in a small apartment, we offered up dtv, hot tub, house. I can use the cameras to monitor the pond house and yard at any time. The pond is freezing up, but the aerator is keeping a nice hole in the ice. No heater but even if it totally freezes up the fish should be fine, I still don't have a huge fish load for the amount of water in the pond.

Turned on the hotspot on his phone works great for internet access, just have to pay 15 bucks a month for it. Good speed too. So you all are still stuck with me being around............

Posting pictures of sun, blue skies, beach walking...................lol

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Addy, how nice of you to share your first offical old geezer moments with us! I have to wait a while before I retire, have to work at least 17 more years before I hit 65, but it sounds like you are going to have lots of fun! Love to hear all about your new and exciting adventures too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good for you guys and boy that was fast heading out and getting to the warmth of the southlands! You guys are not wasting anytime that's for sure. Have lots of fun and keep us posted of all the nice places you see down there. We will sit up here in front of our heaters and drool :biggrinangelA:

And why is koiguy giving us all the bird..............having a bad day koiguy :biggrin:

Ask a Question