Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
HARO said:
Yes, Addy;.... a nice place to visit, BUT.... :cold:
John
I will do my best not to remind you where we are right now.................

image-25376772ed376da14777ad323b5ffad5772f767b715ebda8948fd25fb3b34ae5-V.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Mogsie, we got an unusual 12" snow, with an arctic blast that dropped temps from 33 to -15 in 24 hours, and kept sub zero temps all day yesterday, following the blizzard conditions Sun. night through Monday. It was NOT fun, let me tell you. Your friend in Indy was in line with what we got, and the bad part is the drifting that happened. A driveway may be totally cleared off, drift next to it, or drift across it, 2-5' tall, or totally covered with a drift. My short driveway to garage has a drift that is 3' tall or more, and half the length of my driveway, which is about 30'. Taking into consideration the cold temps crusted over the drifts, it's a matter of punching through the top layer with a shovel, to get to the softer stuff below. All is very heavy. Thanks to my wonderful neighbor, he came with his big 4WD John Deere tractor with blade, and did an awesome job of clearing the drive to the barn, which is more like 120'. That would have taken me days to shovel. My tractor was behind the truck, but with loss of power for almost 24 hours, it was dead and would not start. Now I don't have to worry about getting it going. Notice the angle the big tractor is on? He's up on one of the drifts out there, and it was that stout to lean the tractor!
Even plowed from barn to road, so I can get truck out.JPG
Car in garage ... going to stay put until all this white stuff is gone anyhow, or I'll eventually remove it with my tractor and scoop.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw, we will watch for you to come back................ enjoy it can be fun to learn a new one!

I have some good programs I can send you when you are done.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks addy, getting ready to pull the plug on the XP now and plug in the new one. I am glad I can have the Win 7 on there and then learn the 8 if I want to. I called Costco concierge and tried to find out what to expect on the new computer when it boots up,like if Win 7 will show up or Win 8 and they never heard of the setup I have. Guess cuz Costco just received these new ones yesterday from Dell. She said I was the 1st one that called wanting to know about a computer w/ both operating systems on it. Oh boy here goes nothing or everything :bye2:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CYA laters jw.....................

It will probably give you an option, my guess

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well I made it but thought getting my mail set up right in thunderbird was gonna kill me. Finally figured out I had 2 little items different and that held me up hostage for quite awhile, otherwise was a breeze :biggrin:
Have not looked for Windows 8 yet. Had enough for tonight :faint:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Well I made it but thought getting my mail set up right in thunderbird was gonna kill me. Finally figured out I had 2 little items different and that held me up hostage for quite awhile, otherwise was a breeze :biggrin:
Have not looked for Windows 8 yet. Had enough for tonight :faint:
Looking it up, it appears it is an either or, comes with win7 but you can upgrade to win8, not an either or loaded at the same time.

Ask a Question