j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice vid of the falls but can't see the next one. Says Unavailable. Think you have to allow it to be seen by us.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That one worked and your pond looks so nice and beautified w/all those lovely plants and flowers too! Your fish like to pose right in the center of it all I see :D

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They follow me around now that I'm feeding them again. Greedy little guys. I am working on filling this back area (that's shown with the black tubing) with plants next and getting more grass to grow. I suggested a maple or a chaste tree, maybe get a little afternoon shade but the hubs said it would cut up the yard too much and (don't tell him) I think he's right, I'm going to look into a smaller bush or grass like a liriope or aztec grass.
I've wrecked the yard back there with all the construction on the pond over the winter and spring so that's also on the list.
It's a great outside get your fingers in the dirt list though.
2017-05-18 16.57.41.jpg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well I went and bought plants. I didn't get the chaste tree, the hubby had point about it making the yard look choppy, space wise since they grow so large. I ended up getting these instead. They will only grow about 2' tall max and should hopefully cover that ugly area.
Now if the rain will hold off I can get my fingers in some dirt this weekend. :)
2017-05-19 13.01.38.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't get the chaste tree, the hubby had point about it making the yard look choppy, space wise since they grow so large
You need to plant like I do, if there is dirt and I want a plant it gets stuck in.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL I wish I had as much space as you do, I totally would. I love your entire yard!
lol my mom planted like that in our MD back yard, small yard, we had paths to walk. in the summer. In the winter my dad made a ice skating rink around the dog wood.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That sounds like fun! I like a little open space to play ball with the pup and lay out in the yard. I am still convinced I'm going to do a wildflower wall out front though, I might add that chaste tree in the mix.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So pretty tbend. I really like how your stream/waterfall with the bog turned out.

I can't wait to see your flower bed when you are done. Perfect spot for it.

So how many fish do you have right now? Do you have too many to count? (tee hee....)

Ask a Question