The little hole that could...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Careful... we found a dead fish in our shallow pool the other day, and it wasn't one of ours. We figure something must have picked it up in one of the natural ponds that surround us and dropped it as it flew over. So if a dead one can find our pond, a few live ones could surely find yours!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks Amy! I was hoping to entertain while sharing my pain. It's all worth it, I fall more and more in love with my pond every day. Even taking Friday off to go rock shopping.
And Lisak1, if anyone drops live fish into my pond it'll be the hubby. He wants to have fishing parties at the house. I'm looking into getting some magnetic fish that he can use with the little magnetic fishing poles. I'm sure he won't mind the difference.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Know what I did this morning? Do yah? Huh huh do yah?
I went and bought 520 pounds worth of rock.
And not the druggy, I'm gonna eat your face off but then want a snack kinda rock either.
Rock rock rock
Be jealous.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And not the druggy, I'm gonna eat your face off but then want a snack kinda rock either.
Rock rock rock
Be jealous.
geez rub it in! I have been controlling my rock addiction until you came along, makes me want to go rock buying!

I did find a small shubbie in a pot on the deck I tossed a lily into. So there must have been an egg on the lily. That lil fish was around 1.5 inches and all alone in the pot.
I moved it to the big pond.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You started it with all the pea gravel talk. I'll take some pictures to feed your addiction.
Yeah I'm sure that fish egg got there accidentally..... Uh huh... I'm having caviar tonight! :wtf:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
btw you have that fish egg carrying lily now............. I end up with fish everywhere, those eggs travel via the pump lines to all the ponds. The stream ponds are the only ones that ,so far, are fish less, at least I have not see any.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Geez poor lil possible fishy getting eaten............but coulda been a snail egg,,,,,,,,,,,

Amy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Rock rock rock
Be jealous.
You bought rock? Don't you know there are rocks everywhere? The earth, the river, the woods are full of rocks of all shapes and sizes.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had to buy rocks, just shale here, some people are lucky to have great rocks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wow, great job!! Nice rock work. What type of ocks did you use and how did you make it fit together so perfect like that!! Cool.

Amy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I had to buy rocks, just shale here, some people are lucky to have great rocks.
I have been very lucky, and just teasing you. I may have to buy rock soon. I have collected rock everywhere I can. So far, the only rock I have bought is the small riverstones. ($30 for half a bobcat load)

Ask a Question