Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a

Attachments

• eastern_painted_turtle.jpg
    eastern_painted_turtle.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 206
Reaction score
I would welcome one of those tiny little babies.
This is what I found in my pond last year when we cleaned it out! Never knew it was there!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awwwwwwww, Andy that little guy/gal is so sweet. Never see any turtles around here. I guess we used to have Western Pond turtles but they have been disappearing over the years. I've heard they are trying to build up their populations again on our side of the state. Used to see them yrs ago when we rode our bikes down a river trail south of here. Would love to see more of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
This one is cute, too, but I'd rather see it pattering several miles away from tasty morsels such as waterlilies

Regards andy
yellow_belly_slider.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
My daughter and her friend brought me home a turtle they picked up beside the road yesterday. I don't know what kind it was, but it was rather large. I let it go in the woods behind my house. They probably saved it life because some idiot would have run over it but I didn't want a large turtle in my pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep here I think drivers get a thrill out of running over a turtle ,shame on them .I stop and try to get them where they are going faster by helping them .Funny story when we had this house built my son found a turtle and used a permanent marker to write on it if any one finds the turtle to call the number on the turtle that was back in 2003 and I have picked that dumb turtle up 5 times now and someone called the other day that they found our turtle .I have mapped it and can you believe this turtle was almost 20 miles away this time .He has gone farther each time I pick him up and funny he seems to only head one way .How long do turtles live and will I be fetching this turtle for more years than I care too .I guess also permanent markers are permanent ,the number is a little deformed as the turtle has grown so getting harder to read it .Poor turtle .It's a good story though to tell friends and family .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's crazy sissy! I never heard of such a neat story like that. So nice of you to keep collecting the poor fellow! When we traveled down to Florida I would make hubby stop and let me help the turtles over the curbs next to the roads so they wouldn't get squished by those drivers who didn't care.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh not sure how long he will live but i sure don't want to 90 years old collecting a turtle from different places .lol Funny how people will call for something like a turtle .My son wanted me to keep him penned up and I said no if he wanted to stay he would have

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Naw, ya can't keep him penned up he's a free soul roaming turtle and prolly has lots of lady turtles waiting for him to visit when he passes through
lumpyturtle.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hey here you never know .May be the turtle was a trucker in his past life .All I know is I think it is funny and one time I'm waiting to see found turtle in the newspaper and has phone number if it is yours and you can describe it, it must be yours lol .Hope the animal shelter never gets it .geeze do I have to pay a fine for escaped turtle .

Ask a Question