tiny vacuum

Reaction score
Country
United States
was just cleaning savio filter and pulled pump to clean it . i swish a small net around in filter housing to get particulates that i can . i then occasionally take my small vacuum and suck some dirt from bottom of filter housing . my small vacuum is a two liter pop bottle with a 1/4 inch hole drilled in the bottom . i invert bottle [cap end down] , put my finger over the hole in bottom and push bottle to bottom of housing , regulate vacuuming action by varying finger pressure on the 1/4 inch hole . bubbles stop i lift bottle covering cap end and if water is dirty pour it in garden . thought someone might find this idea helpful . . peace

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Wow! Simple, but genius! That's one economical vacuum! Now let's see....how can I use your idea but on a larger scale to clean my pond bottom?
Humm, maybe just add a hose to the bottle so as to reach the bottom of the pond? Maybe squeeze the bottle to get suction.
I remember from my aquarium days there was a thing called a dip tube. It was a siphon device that had a check valve.

Ask a Question