tiny vacuum

Reaction score
Country
was just cleaning savio filter and pulled pump to clean it . i swish a small net around in filter housing to get particulates that i can . i then occasionally take my small vacuum and suck some dirt from bottom of filter housing . my small vacuum is a two liter pop bottle with a 1/4 inch hole drilled in the bottom . i invert bottle [cap end down] , put my finger over the hole in bottom and push bottle to bottom of housing , regulate vacuuming action by varying finger pressure on the 1/4 inch hole . bubbles stop i lift bottle covering cap end and if water is dirty pour it in garden . thought someone might find this idea helpful . . peace

Reaction score
Country
I wonder if this would get more traffic in the DIY section? Good idea.
Stephen
'1Vette'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Wow! Simple, but genius! That's one economical vacuum! Now let's see....how can I use your idea but on a larger scale to clean my pond bottom?
Humm, maybe just add a hose to the bottle so as to reach the bottom of the pond? Maybe squeeze the bottle to get suction.
I remember from my aquarium days there was a thing called a dip tube. It was a siphon device that had a check valve.

Ask a Question