j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This is my 2 month old pond. It's pond build 2.0 It's much bigger than my last pond and is still a work in progress with landscaping and getting the right balance. We're fighting algae at the moment:confused:
Might need more plants to suck up nutrients that want to make algae. A bog filter is all the rave here!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Might need more plants to suck up nutrients that want to make algae. A bog filter is all the rave here!
I have come across a few bog filters in my research. I might look into how to make one because I agree, I think more plants are needed as the ones I added will take a while to grow

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lots here can tell you how to do it. Do a search here and you will see them all. I don't have one but wish I did.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

My only filter is a bog, upflow wetland filter, eco filter, whatever name you want to give it. I hardly ever need to touch my pond except to yank excess plant growth.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
This is my 2 month old pond. It's pond build 2.0 It's much bigger than my last pond and is still a work in progress with landscaping and getting the right balance. We're fighting algae at the moment:confused:
Really really nice...will become perfect

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I AM ALSO A FAN OF THE BOG yes @brokensword the BOG I put my Bog to the test and pretty much do every day as my koi are growing fast i have at least 20 -16'' koi now, and 4- 20'', who knows how many smaller fish . LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BOG

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
oK GOOGLE HAS NO CLUE ... I HAVE NO CLUE .... WHAT THE HELLS A BUNNING LIST

Welcome to Bunnings​

Australia and New Zealand's leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products, and a major supplier to project builders, commercial tradespeople and the housing industry.

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Welcome to Bunnings​

Australia and New Zealand's leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products, and a major supplier to project builders, commercial tradespeople and the housing industry.
JW got it! Since we don't have Lowe's or Home Depot or... Am I missing any? :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question