There's a leak in the liner dear Liyza

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Unfortunately I can't find it. Literally jumped in in the pond and did an inspection this weekend and nothing. All I can tell is that I'm losing about 2 inches in 12 hours with no pumps on when it finally levels off. I've tried the milk trick as well and nothing came to light. The biggest problem is I've got a lot of folds in the tarp making it even harder to find :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn, maybe you can find the wet spot, can you pull the liner away from the dirt at all?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Unfortunately I can't find it. Literally jumped in in the pond and did an inspection this weekend and nothing. All I can tell is that I'm losing about 2 inches in 12 hours with no pumps on when it finally levels off. I've tried the milk trick as well and nothing came to light. The biggest problem is I've got a lot of folds in the tarp making it even harder to find :(

milke trick needs to be done when the water is above the settle point so you can try to see where it goes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I haven't had a chance to try addy's idea yet because its been so wet but I do have a question.

Our Chinese Pestashio tree has been dropping its seeldings and I saw them on the far left side of the pond as well as other places floating on the water. After it rained and the water level got above the skimmer line then settled down again because of the darn leak I found ALL the seedlngs were in the skimmer. Now since the skimmer pump wasn't even on can I assume the leak is at least near or around the skimmer because why would they all gravitate towards it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Now since the skimmer pump wasn't even on can I assume the leak is at least near or around the skimmer because why would they all gravitate towards it?

I think that's fair assumption - unless you had a nice strong wind blowing in that direction!

Ask a Question