Thoughts on these Koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I think theres more enjoyment of buying in small and growing the koi on until I can sell it on , this way weve had a hobby thats virtually self perpetuating buying either books, koi, food, equipment or banking to save up for something a little more expensive but has to do with koi .
Thats how weve always done it since we started its given us great pleasure

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
ithink red black is sanke ginrin, white platinum ginri , yellow gold doiatsu means it has middle large scales , best is white one it wil become very pretty when it grows and dragon one may turn ugly due to large uneven scales

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm THINKING about buying these 3 koi. What do you think? If anyone knows the correct names for these guys, let me know.

The first one I am calling glitter fish - I have never seen such cool looking scales. I already have a pure white, but this one is something special

View attachment 76496

The next is this white with grey on top butterfly koi. Not sure if the grey will stay or if he will go pure white. Any guesses?

View attachment 76497

The third is the yellow and white butterfly in the middle of the picture, he has some weird scales too, like dragon scales or something.

View attachment 76498
they could grow into amazing fish eventually

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
they could grow into amazing fish eventually
Could and will is down to the genetics of the koi Priscilla is the all white fish one of your choices ?
There are other white koi out there called Purichinas who have Brilliant white colourtion of the skin

Dave

Ask a Question