Three-way splitter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't bought the splitter yet right now my hoses are unhooked except one. I'm waiting on my new pump I just don't understand how the hoses hook up

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
What exact pump did you order? Usually in the specs it will tell you the input and output sizes. Some have threaded ends others barbed for direct hose attachment, and of different sizes. Depending on this, you adapt the splitter to the output. If your pump is submerged you might use a length of hose between the output and splitter to make the valves easier to reach/adjust.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I haven't bought the splitter yet right now my hoses are unhooked except one. I'm waiting on my new pump I just don't understand how the hoses hook up
What kind of hoses do you have? Are they the corrugated plastic tubing? What does the outflow part of the pump look like?

I hate to get you started because what I had might be totally different from what you will have. Others on here are great about sharing, so….. (@JRS popped in an answer while I’m still typing… (y) ..)

And, I’m not using that set-up any more, so I’m not 100% sure how I had it all attached. There are hose connectors you can buy that will fit various sizes of tubing so you can mix and match sizes of outputs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like a trident spear from aquaman the pump comes in the single tube by its self where the handle would be and then I would use the center of the three for w hat ever needed the most water. Straight across from the pumps pipe .

Reaction score
Country
United States
What exact pump did you order? Usually in the specs it will tell you the input and output sizes. Some have threaded ends others barbed for direct hose attachment, and of different sizes. Depending on this, you adapt the splitter to the output. If your pump is submerged you might use a length of hose between the output and splitter to make the valves easier to reach/adjust.
I ordered the vivoson 3567 gph. The fittings that are coming with it are 1/2,2/3,4/5,1in. But I don't think any of those are going to work with my hoses

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Okay thank you so much! But that means it's not going to fit the 3/4 fitting.?
Now you’re getting into ”reducers,” and things that allow you to connect sizes that normally don’t match. To make it less complicated for you, why not wait until you have your PUMP, SPLITTER, and HOSES right in front of you. It will be a lot easier for us to guide you. No need to make this harder than it needs to be.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
3/4 fitting.?
Fitting to what? It would be helpful to have a list of what you are trying to hook up and hose sizes as mentioned before. We know the pump now but nothing else. Do all the items you want to supply with water from the one pump use 3/4" hoses?

This link has a nice video at the bottom, although different than your situation, it shows some of the types of adapters that are available to mate different sizes of plumbing as you are looking to do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'll help you out and make you a list .
1. what type of hose are you using or do you need that as well.
2. you are looking for three pipes feeding what three items?
3. do you have any idea what you want to push the most water too?

I suggest using fernco fittings they are rubber that attach to the pipe by a screw driver or a small socket wrench. i'd also forget the trident fitting.
you can have what is called a 1 1/2 T-WYE BY 1 1/2 That means it is like a T sothe water comes in from one end and then splits in two then you can add pipe to those two ends and which ever you want to have the most water going to can be left alone and run to where you want it and then the other can be split again and now you have three lines. you really want to add ball valves to each pipe so you can control how much water goes where as well as add reducers taking your 1 1/2" pipe to say one inch. this alone will adjust the water flow to the areas that you want while leaving the 1 1/2" for say your waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm not worried about the splitter anymore right now. I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Ask a Question