Timer for pond water feature

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a small spray fountain at the edge of my garden pond plumbed to a water source and controlled by a 24v solenoid valve. I want this valve to open and close multiple times a day for short periods of time. I have 120v power near the valve, but I want to buy something other than an expensive irrigation-type timer with multiple stations and only a few start times. A simple manual 120v clock-type timer would work, but the minimum interval is 30 minutes. I'm looking for something with more flexibility. I have a transformer that will provide 24v to the valve but need a timer. I'm not having much luck finding anything that looks like it might work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
First question - what's your goal? Why the multiple on and offs all day long?

I have timers on garden hoses that give me multiple on and off options, but they're limited to 4 times per day. I did have a wifi connected one that I could turn on and off many times a day, but the connection was too unreliable for the price.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you can provide the 12v source weather protection, a simple mechanical timer is cheap and usually has 15 min. Increments.

Struggling to think of a timer w/ finer control that isn’t “smart”

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you can provide the 12v source weather protection, a simple mechanical timer is cheap and usually has 15 min. Increments.

Struggling to think of a timer w/ finer control that isn’t “smart”
I can provide weather protection, and I think that's how I'll do it. I have mechanical timers, but they are in 30 min intervals. I'll keep searching for the 15 min kind. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
First question - what's your goal? Why the multiple on and offs all day long?

I have timers on garden hoses that give me multiple on and off options, but they're limited to 4 times per day. I did have a wifi connected one that I could turn on and off many times a day, but the connection was too unreliable for the price.
The goal is to provide a fountain spray for a few minutes multiple times a day to keep the bird bath clean and full (overflow goes into the pond) and provide water for plants and spray for hummingbirds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I use this timer, ordered on Amazon, for my aquaponics flood and drain system. It’s held up well so far, going on three years, and is very adjustable.

BN-LINK Short Period Repeat Cycle Intermittent Timer, Interval Timer - Day, Night, or 24 Hour Operation, Photocell Light Sensor Dusk to Dawn for Hydroponics Aquaponics​

Ask a Question