addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
More housing inventory available will also mean lower prices.
Per my Realtor friend, it was a 6 month inventory, it is now 2.5 months. So less houses for sale, which is good for us. I just checked zillow, very few for sale in my neighborhood. Lots already sold.

We are doing preliminary work, I have a tree trimming company going by to access what it would cost to groom the yard for sale. Via emails and pictures we probable can get that done soon, then we are going to stick a for sale sign in the front yard. If they move out before we can get there, we are going to hire a painter to go in and paint the whole place inside. My neighbor was in construction, he knows of people to hire.

marktastic

Koi meets World
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'm a realtor in Seattle and in my opinion I would stage the home. You have a beautiful unique home that needs to peacock its mystery and charm. If you have a sellers market that is seeing lots of bidding wars like we are currently, a good staging job can really help you drive traffic to your listing and ultimately sell it for more. I have sellers that have spent $2000 on staging and thanked me profusely fit convincing them to do it. They received 7 offers and sold for $100K above asking price.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh but Mark you are in a hotter market for selling and that is not always the case .Like here houses are selling from 20 thousand up to 500 thousand and it is a dead market .Any house over 120 thousand stay on the market and houses under 70 thousand are taking time to sell .I have seen houses here 2000 sq. ft. and updated and they put them on the market for 120 thousand and they sit on the market for a year with price drops and end up selling for 50 thousand and can have 3 or more acres.There are 2 small houses side by side 1 bed 1 bath and they have been up for auction for a bid of 10 dollars each and they can't get that and each is on an acre .Every state is different and jobs are what runs the market .Here the job market is bad but to retire here is great .I have 3 acres and less than a 1000 dollars a year in taxes on a 2440 sq. ft. house and happily retired .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to find someone that wants to run a home business and can use a 3000 sq ft shop to do it out of. The sq footage of the shop, if you were to rent that space, is very valuable. But it will take a buyer looking for that. A year ago a house smaller than mine with a shop the size of mine, around a 1/2 mile way sold for 100 k over market.

Hope I am that lucky lol

Ask a Question