Too much water!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I made a low spot in the liner to keep the water level set, the auto fill keeps it 1/2" below that level.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Full disclosure - sometimes even when you DO plan for overflow, Mother Nature laughs in your face.

flood.JPG

This is the 3rd time this has happened in a week - we're up to almost 8 inches of rain. And when it comes down, it's hard and fast. The rain exchange is full (1000 gallons underground), the pond is full, and the drain is overwhelmed. It''ll take a few hours for the drain to catch up. We have the sump pump pumping into the rain exchange but when we get these flooding rains, we divert that down the storm sewer. Always makes us wish we had made the basin 2 or 3 times bigger!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am in good shape for excess water it just runs down our hill from the ponds heading for the woods.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Most skimmers will have an overflow outlet in them that sets the maximum water height. Is yours blocked? You can connect a pipe to that outlet to direct the excess water where you want it (away from a house, down a slope, etc).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If my pond overflows it just runs out between the lowest area between the cracks of the rocks. Rocks are up on a berm sitting on the liner so it all runs downhill and good to go.

Ask a Question