j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CE maybe that coon was one of the babies and it found it's way back to you at your new home,lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My trapdoors are doing great, so far no raccoon disasters, our pond is pretty close to the woods. I think having the deep pond helps, the trapdoors are down deep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Honestly, I think living in the country, we actually have less raccoons coming to our houses than some people living in the suburbs. It seems they are far more likely to go rummaging through garbage cans and the like in town than they are in the country. But, in the country, they are sneakier, too, and more skittish. In town, dogs and cats are kept inside, so they don't have to deal with them. The country dogs are more likely to run a raccoon off, although my goldens didn't. They didn't care if raccoons, opposums, skunks anything came into the barn. They might bark at them to let me know they were there, but otherwise, they were cats to the dogs and welcome. :)
Addy, I'm hoping my pond will be deep enough and no wandering critter will find the snails, too! If you don't have maurading raccoons where you live, that's amazing!
JW, I would love to wish that my baby coons found me here, but I'm about 15 miles west of where I used to live. But, good thought!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have seen the raccoons, up on our deck looking for food. Seen their foot prints in the walk out area of the pond, but they do not seem to be bothering anything in the pond.

Ask a Question