Turtles Only Please....

Imatation Crab

800 gallon pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
DSC00022.JPG
:turtle:I am starting this thread because my interest in ponding started 4 years ago when I got my first tortoise
Igor, Now 4 years later I have 3 more turtles and a pond. Post all your turtle pics below.:turtle::)
398825_234523323313132_408968329_n (1).jpg
53965_335085216590275_1883501688_o.jpg
332384_322343387864458_633301499_o - Copy (2).jpg
DSC00020.JPG

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
LOL! My pond is a result of my turtles, as well! I don't have many pics readily available, but you can see one of my babies in my avatar photo.

What kind of tortoise is Igor? I have wanted a tortie for some time, but it would have to share habitat space with my boxies and not sure about compatibility issues. I know the dietary needs are different. And for cold weather, I'm not really set up or prepared for that indoor period...... Oh well....

Imatation Crab

800 gallon pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
:turtle:
LOL! My pond is a result of my turtles, as well! I don't have many pics readily available, but you can see one of my babies in my avatar photo.

What kind of tortoise is Igor? I have wanted a tortie for some time, but it would have to share habitat space with my boxies and not sure about compatibility issues. I know the dietary needs are different. And for cold weather, I'm not really set up or prepared for that indoor period...... Oh well....
Igor is the Tort that is in the pic with the dog he is a Russian tortoise. I got all of the torts from people who didn't want them. I got Igor from my teacher in 5th grade he was living in a small tub and eating romaine lettuce now he lives outside, but I bring them all in for winter except the map turtle.:turtle:

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I have seen the Russian tortoise for sale at pets art before & have always thought about an outside summer enclosure & overwintering indoors. Where did you get the map turtle? I've seen snappers in the wild & only red ear sliders in the pet stores locally.

Imatation Crab

800 gallon pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
I have seen the Russian tortoise for sale at pets art before & have always thought about an outside summer enclosure & overwintering indoors. Where did you get the map turtle? I've seen snappers in the wild & only red ear sliders in the pet stores locally.
I got her at my local pond store.

Ask a Question