Two Ponds to re-home following passing of family member ** Free to good home**

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I need some advice and help, my mum passed away recently and has two mature ponds in the garden, both have about 20 ish fish in them that are ranging in sizes. They are all gold fish I understand not Koi but I am assuming that, Mum's is in Bristol and I'm not even sure how to ensure anyone that is willing to take them has the right set up to look after them or how to ensure they are transported correctly? We don't have any scope in the family or friends to home them unfortunately but we are very keen to make sure they are looked after.
Any advice on how to ensure they are transported correctly, anywhere I could contact to help re-home or where to post and what details people would need?
I've attached a couple of very basic photos.
Thanks

Pete

Reaction score
If you have a Craigslist then you could offer them there. If not you could find a place that sells koi and offer them to them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome I am sorry to hear about your mom.

Try pet stores, garden center, look on line for fish rescue society.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I am sorry to hear about your mom! Good for you for making the effort to find good homes for her fish. You've gotten some good advice from others, so I will just say good luck!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
A few of our members are in the uk, you might post in our adds here if any of them might be interested.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the advice so far, I'm gong to get some better photo's as these don't show the scale and larger fish. And will post in the add here and two other forums I have found. Am going to try the garden centers as hadn't thought of that but it sounds a really sensible idea. Will also call Craig in the midlands as sounds like a chap that might have some more ideas to share as well. Thanks all, its a big help.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
condolences on your mother pete ill say a prayer tonight for her
and i would be willing to take any surplus hard ware eg pumps hoses filters and would pay for postage also
to be sent by post if you want
i live in ireland so if you could post me a message on any details i would be very grateful

Ask a Question