Underwater lights for small pond

Reaction score
My landscaper used the Aquascape 10W Waterfall lights for several places around my pond and the Aquascape 20W Hex Head light for the main pond. But they tend to leak. Any preferences for replacements. I need to splice them to a 12V electrical line from a common transformer (like used in garden lights). Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have led lights in my pond and I used a little silicon on them to make sure they didn't leak . Don't use a lot because if a bulb does blow harder to get apart then let the silicon dry for 2 or 3 days to make sure

Reaction score
well there is also that pool tape its white an d you put it on the threads and it will prevent the leaks you can pick it up at any pool or hardware store

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tried that with the old lights I had and I guess the heat from the lights melted it or just came loose and left water in and ruined the lights .I also tried plumbers tape and it didn't work ,at least the new lights I got don't get hot at all .So may work on them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
here they have more varieties of led pond lights .I still have my old ones as they give off heat they are good to use in the winter time My leds are over a year old and I like them because they are brighter

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The fact they do not give off all that heat helps a lot when the weather is up to 100 degrees here .I use to have to turn them off because I was afraid of frying my fish or cooking them .After I would turn them off water temps would drop at least 5 degrees and more sometimes

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What was so funny put mostly led 's in the house when it was built 6 years ago and then I buy those pond lights duh how dumb can one person be .But I had just moved down here from NJ so didn't think of that why not don't know ,they do call this the south LOL

Reaction score
There are many different lights on the market, LEDs are brighter and cheaper and you shouldn't have to replace them, whereas halogen get very hot and need replacing about once a year. LEDs are also ALOT cheaper to run.

I hope this helps

Ask a Question