What to do with an underwater camera

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I wanted an underwater camera for so long, and now that I do have one, I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.
I thought it'd be nice to be able to see what goes on in the pond, once the lily pads cover the surface, but I'm not sure how to set it up...do I attach it to a pole and sink the pole in the pond....how do you guys do it?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have one of mine taped to a square of ceramic tile and on the bottom. The other one is inside a piece of pvc pipe on a pole hanging on the side of the pond. What camera do you have?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a GoPro I stick on the end of a monopod or selfie stick. Video or time lapse is probably best.

There are some instructions online on how to get WiFi on a camera like that to pass through the water, but I haven't tried them (Short version, run a piece of coax cable from the GoPro to your phone.)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a ODRVM Flying World Action camera

Do you leave it underwater for long periods of time o just occasionally put it in the pond?
I would like to hook mine up to my pc

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
does the camera give you an idea of what temps of water it can withstand .I saw some at aquascape in NC and they had water temps that they could withstand and really intensive instructions with them .Maybe you can find yours on youtube ,it is always my source of info

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine have been in the ponds for months. I only take them out to clean the lenses every few weeks. I have Aquascape cameras, rated for 27*-100*.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I watched a few videos on youtube but all I got is that it has a clear pic even in motion....I guess I'll have to read the manual after all :yuck:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ask @addy1 -- what about yours?
Mine feeds into my older dvr, we had a lightening strike that wiped out the power supply of the camera, I have not had the time to go through our box of supplies to find a matching one.

When it is working I can view or record the images. It is seen on a separate small tv screen.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can't wait to find out what mine can do....mostly I'm hoping to see rightaway when there are babies, instead of waiting Spring cleanup the following year

Ask a Question