Underwater Sealer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Good Morning All,

Are there sealants available that work under water? I am planning on replacing my old skimmer, which I can't get parts for, with an intake bay. I have had a slow leak for a couple of years, and now that I have started digging, I have found that the water is seeping from the faceplate on the skimmer. Small feeder roots from the maple tree have grown between the plate and liner causing the leak. I want to be able to seal this seepage leak so that I can complete digging without draining a foot of water out of the pond. Right now, over the course of 24 hours, I end up with 4 to 6 inches of water in what I have dug out. This is making it difficult to complete digging and getting all of the prep work done. I am doing this by hand and am not as young as i was went my son and I built the pond, so digging hard clay is a slower process. I just want to be able to get this done. Thanks, Pam.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Good Morning All,

Are there sealants available that work under water? I am planning on replacing my old skimmer, which I can't get parts for, with an intake bay. I have had a slow leak for a couple of years, and now that I have started digging, I have found that the water is seeping from the faceplate on the skimmer. Small feeder roots from the maple tree have grown between the plate and liner causing the leak. I want to be able to seal this seepage leak so that I can complete digging without draining a foot of water out of the pond. Right now, over the course of 24 hours, I end up with 4 to 6 inches of water in what I have dug out. This is making it difficult to complete digging and getting all of the prep work done. I am doing this by hand and am not as young as i was went my son and I built the pond, so digging hard clay is a slower process. I just want to be able to get this done. Thanks, Pam.
Update: it appears the roots are coming in behind the weir door. I cleaned that up so hopefully that fixes the issue

Ask a Question