Underway!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
The pond itself is now fully sculpted. It's filling up very nicely... about 3/4 full with no outside source at all! The shape is a bit off of what we had mowed in the grass for the guy, but I'm just going to take it as it is.

We've had a bit of rain too, so the yard needs to dry out for a few days before it can be all leveled out.

Here is where it's at this morning. It's too muddy to walk out there, so these are from my dining room window again. I tried to zoom in a bit for this first one. As soon as we can walk out there I'll get some more pics for you guys.

20190926_073726.jpg

20190926_073659.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I've been waiting to post an update to see how the weather goes, but I think our pond project is not going to make any more progress till spring. The grading around the area can't be finished till it dries out more, so there are still several piles of earth strewn about. And I don't know at this point if the edges are going to be altered in that process, so I don't want to risk putting plants in and have them disturbed.

Here is where we are today...

FB_IMG_1570816242055.jpg

FB_IMG_1570816212437.jpg

20191006_083023.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I'm very anxious for it to be finished with trees, plants, flowers and the walkway I want to put in up to the inset. I think it's going to be a couple seasons before I'm able to have everything added. Next Spring will be the addition of a windmill for aeration. It's going to make the whole scene I think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
A windmill for aeration. Interesting. How exactly would you set that up?
Would it simply turn a wheel for circulation/aeration or would there be some type of air pump driven by the windmill?

Ask a Question