Using Turface for pond plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Has anyone just used rocks in a pot on a shelf in the pond for iris, pickerel rush or cardinal flower?

Welcome @SET to the GPF!

The answer is absolutely! Or just skip the pot altogether and plant directly on the shelf. A few rocks to hold the plant in place and maybe a handful of gravel to give the plant something to get started rooting into, and you'll soon have a naturalized plant.

The caveat is you may WANT some plants in pots - iris for example will grow large and set some massive roots down. If you fear you may not be able to control it, keep it in the pot.

I find cardinal flower grows much better at the edge of the pond on the land side - it likes damp, but not necessarily wet.

Go to the New Member forum and tell us a bit about your pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never did do that, i went right to the build page

SET

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welcome @SET to the GPF!

The answer is absolutely! Or just skip the pot altogether and plant directly on the shelf. A few rocks to hold the plant in place and maybe a handful of gravel to give the plant something to get started rooting into, and you'll soon have a naturalized plant.

The caveat is you may WANT some plants in pots - iris for example will grow large and set some massive roots down. If you fear you may not be able to control it, keep it in the pot.

I find cardinal flower grows much better at the edge of the pond on the land side - it likes damp, but not necessarily wet.

Go to the New Member forum and tell us a bit about your pond!
Thank you! All info is really appreciated.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1623001956340.png
@SET
Hey you should start a thread and show and tell us about your pond and photo's so we can all welcome you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My wife says the same thing don't waste your time.,, trust me there are times youll love me and other times youll want to shoot me . more the later.

Ask a Question