sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just takes time and since it is new it has to cycle and you will get times like that and then bang clear again .It is a guessing game .It is not only California that bans it other states are starting to look at following them..Just like that dumb lady said about tanning I will still do it even if I get skin cancer ,we will see what happens when she gets it and see if living out beats that dumb idea of hers .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
TurtleMommy,
The skimmer so far has worked very well. No issues yet. I wish I had installed a permanent skimmer when I installed the pond. But my fear was cutting the liner. I was amazed and still amazed at the difference after running this skimmer. I do clean it out every day or at least every other day. The nice thing is, it comes with 2 sponge filters, so cleaning takes all of 2 minutes if that. As far as oxygenating the water, I donl' think it could have come at a better time with the heat and no rain. Course, being in Louisiana, you know all about real heat. I bought mine from pondusa.com. They were the best price at the time.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
ICE -- Thanks for the info! I have the off- brand version, KOOL-something or other. It does an OK job of skimming, but does one of 2 things: will either pop up, out of the water [not good if you're not there when it happens], or it [the top of the basket] sinks below water level. So, of course, when it sinks, it still pulls stuff in, but not "skimmer" style, and not as efficiently. I've tried tweeking it, but ... Might have to try the OASE before they're no longer available.

BTW, I think your pond looks great, even in the "before" pics.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Ya crack me up sissy. Product actually states "contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer". Everything causes cancer in California including dairy cows ... unless the manure is properly piled on thick concrete foundations and is actually tarped according to environment regulations ... then everything is ok. :banghead3: Glad I don't farm in CA.
i hear ya...i read...known to the state of california to cause cancer quite often on stuff. and i always think good thing i live in michigan...lol it seems everybody in california must be sporting a tumor or two! lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is all those famous faces that live there, they want a perfect smog ridden clean state!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i cant remember ever reading that something is "known to cause cancer in the state of michigan".. we must be one of the safest states!... oops! i shouldnt say that...every one will want to move here!...but it is known to the stae of michigan that living in DETROIT is likely to cause gun shot wounds!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing same with Baltimore and DC most likely to die from lead or steel. On the top ten list!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
turtlemommy,
I have never had this skimmer pop out of the water. It floats very consisanlty at the same level all the time. As I mentioned before, I clean it at least once a day and at most every other day. This fall might warrant cleaning everyday. I an really happy with the performace of the skimmer. I bought mine from pondusa.com. Best price at the time and shipping was fast. I ordered it on a Sunday morning and had it in the water by Wednesday night.
Thanks for the compliment on the pond.
Have great weekend!

Ask a Question