sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have you double checked your hoses and all the connections and the skimmer for any small cracks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-8-27_8-26-15.gif
@codasajorusa

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Canada
Ok, hoses are all good. It was def a liner overlap issue. I am working on taking it apart and starting again. I was given bad advice before I found this site. I also checked with a local pond company who took a look at the photos and felt very strongly that was the issue. So, I will follow up when it is done. I am currently checking the evaporation level so that I know for the future. Thank you all for your help. I tried to upload a video but says it's to large. I will try pics later but I am pretty sure this is the issue. Found lots of water underneath.

Reaction score
Thank you. I am starting to feel a bit relieved. The fires and smoke is awful. On some days we have had to hide in the house cause we can literally not see across the street. I want to sit and enjoy my pond now! Thx for the welcome!
I was in Seattle last week fishing on Puget Sound on what was supposed to be a sunny day and we could hardly see the Seattle skyline the smoke was that heavy. When the sun came up it was red colored thru the smoke.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Canada
I was in Seattle last week fishing on Puget Sound on what was supposed to be a sunny day and we could hardly see the Seattle skyline the smoke was that heavy. When the sun came up it was red colored thru the smoke.
It's like you are on another planet. Very sci-fi like

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm no expert but I did read somewhere and it has been accurate in my pond that you can lose as much as 1% your pumps capability. That factors in splashing from waterfall, stream area, sunlight, wind and humidity. My pump is 6000 GPH and I lose about 50-60 gallons a day. My pond is about 3250 gallons so it takes a few days to notice any drop.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok, hoses are all good. It was def a liner overlap issue. I am working on taking it apart and starting again. I was given bad advice before I found this site. I also checked with a local pond company who took a look at the photos and felt very strongly that was the issue. So, I will follow up when it is done. I am currently checking the evaporation level so that I know for the future. Thank you all for your help. I tried to upload a video but says it's to large. I will try pics later but I am pretty sure this is the issue. Found lots of water underneath.

videos need to go to you tube
create an account
upload the video once it says your done uploading click on your video and go to that page
once there COPY THAT ADDRESS TO POST TO THE FORUM HERE

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
codasajorusa I WOULD START WITH YOUR WATER FALL at a six foot set of falls that's a lot of splashing and water force to have to contain and more then likely your leak. one other source of water evaporation more so then even the sun is the wind. Ad them both and you could have some water loss

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It''s not going down that fast. At the very most I'd say an inch in a day. I have a 6 ft waterfall with 4 ledges in it with about a 10ft stream leading up to it. Pond is 8x15 with 3ft depth. I did turn off the waterfall and the loss slowed down. I have checked for leaks and found none so far. We are also having an extreme forest fire season here. The smoke is awful. And we are at the highest drought level for our area. Just curious as to if this loss would be considered acceptable?

I haven't read through but an inch a day and for sure you're losing water somewhere. Probably the waterfall. I don't add water for sometimes many weeks ( 3+ ) in high humidity ( if so, only and inch ) and in dry fall breezy weather, I would add an inch in maybe 2 weeks, even less. My pond is 2000 gallons and 3 ft deep, rather smaller than yours. Weather is a big factor. Winter time in the freeze, I keep my hose drained and faucet shut. This way the line is clear if I need to add water. That's maybe once or twice in the winter. I shut and drain the bio system but do keep my skimmer running all winter returning through the falls so I don't care about an inch but 2" and I'm out there adding water. Again, we get a good amount of rain also. Snow also adds .....

Ask a Question