Water movement with gravity ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think the outlet just has to be lower than the water level? It seems I have siphoned successfully as long as the outlet it lower the surface of the water, not the inlet of the hose. But it probably wouldn't help much anyway.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I think the outlet just has to be lower than the water level? It seems I have siphoned successfully as long as the outlet it lower the surface of the water, not the inlet of the hose. But it probably wouldn't help much anyway.

You are correct. But it still won't work.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Thanks for the responses everyone. We don't get mosquito's here in Ireland. My brother sent me on this link today about free movement off water...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Was under impression you could gravity circulate a pond providing you keep the drain clean.

If a pipe lead from bottom then over up and back in and pond is full, it will drain, pressure from pond will push water tru the pipe and out this circulating, but if your drain clogs, the process won't work

For mosquito's I bought mosquito fish two weeks ago and haven't seen them sense. My guess, they got sucked into my filter which I'm cleaning today

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Was under impression you could gravity circulate a pond providing you keep the drain clean.

If a pipe lead from bottom then over up and back in and pond is full, it will drain, pressure from pond will push water tru the pipe and out this circulating, but if your drain clogs, the process won't work

For mosquito's I bought mosquito fish two weeks ago and haven't seen them sense. My guess, they got sucked into my filter which I'm cleaning today

You are referring to siphoning. Will not work in a pond application for circulating water. For a siphon to work, the water's destination must be at a lower level than the water's source.
Any omnivorous fish will eat mosquito larvae. Goldfish and Koi like these tasty morsels.

Ask a Question