Water Snake or Moccasin? Pond 2 FINISHED!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My intention all along was to remove it, It followed it's head back and forth as the fish swam by, almost like it was smelling for them. I did not realize it would upset some of you :/ Half the people I talked to said it was poisonous the other half it was not. IT WAS NEVER OUT IN THE OPEN, only it's head was sticking out as I posted or I would have asked you to identify a better picture of it. My fiance comes first and she wanted it dead as she is terrified of snakes like most people are. I told you, me and my friend Kyle tried to catch it first the other day and failed. Second comes MY FISH which i believed to is why 90% of you are on this site in the first place? I read countless times that these snakes EAT small fish like i have, and with the tiny yard I have and only 3 Frogs that I know of, id say the snake was preparing his next attack on my fish! I LOVE SNAKES (Not All) and are only scared of certain kinds (Moccasins, Rattlers, Cobras, etc.) but I was not about to try and reach my hand into the unknown to catch it and it end up being poisonous and me rushing to the hospital.

I lived next door to a guy with a snake before we moved and helped raise it. This is Tinker bell, she is 5 years old now and me and the same friend took this video 1 year ago so she's probably bigger now. (Im the one in the Green nike's and boardshorts) She is a reticulated python and VERY STRONG and just over 18' as of the video. I use to help take her out and peel her dead skin and measure her, and she eats pigs and large rats!

I don't want anyone hear thinking I hate snakes because i don't, I have an grass snake that lives in the front yard (Fiance does not know) and little tiny snakes that I leave alone around the back yard. I just did not want my fish to be eaten up and go through the same thing I did 6 months ago, But maybe I should not have killed it and hired some one else to take care of it, Sorry if I upset you all :(

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Jason, Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm not at all upset, If it was a choice you had to make. . You had to make the choice that best fit your situation. I'll be the first to admit I've killed a few that threatened my fish as well. I did miss that you had already made an attempt to catch it already. Keep in mind that although this is a thread you started, I post more to a subject instead of the original poster if I think I can pass on helpful or needed information for others to read as well. After reading this last post I'm sure you made a decision that was probably in your best interest, as it seems you do have a liking and not killing for the fear of a simple snake. Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure others will appreciate the explanation and reason for your choice in the way you had to handle it.

Ask a Question