Water test kits.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
It sort of proves the last time I went API eh TurtleMommy :D
This is the link to the JBL test lad for fresh water as you can see it covers a wide range of things perhaps too much for the novice to handle persnally I would find it quite a hassle testing for everything :-

.http://www.jbl.de/en/aquatics-freshwater-products/detail/2446/jbl-testlab

Looking at it its quite impresive dont you think yes but then weve got buy on the same four kits for years why should we think about changing to this kit.?
Would it be like a private ego trip on behalf of its user "a bit like well my kits bigger than your kit, beat that :LOL: "........
Then you have to think about buying all of the replacement kits in the lab with some you'll use up faster than others, bottles that are quite expensive to relace:eek:
Where as with Tetra at least you got alott more for less in their larger replacement bottles :)

Dave:)

Very interesting. Now that is a proper bundled test kit.

Tough finding a US of A distributor of it, but, wow, from what I found on Ebay, the test kit comes with a hefty price, which I thought it would be for bundling so many test kits. Approximately $178 (USD).

Iron test is very much like the phosphate in that iron is a very complex molecule with even more formation than phosphate, which is actually quite insane if you think about it. The iron test kit in that bundle is likely only testing for non-chelated iron compounds, such as ferrous sulfate, or testing for the most common EDTA chelated iron compound often found in planted aquarium fertilizer solutions due to the tanks very low pH.

For the silica oxide test, it appears to be driven by the diatom and other type of algae hysteria as well. I have only read of silica oxide to be used to actually help grow better plants in aqua-ponic and hydroponic systems since water based systems often lack silica, which is abundant in soil environments, and I would not be surprised if there is some silica oxide on the aquarium/pond plant fertilizers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the debate on water testing all boils down to affordability. Water test strips are the cheapest option, but like any other product on the market. The bigger you budget, the better quality & more accurate your water testing will become.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think the debate on water testing all boils down to affordability. Water test strips are the cheapest option, but like any other product on the market. The bigger you budget, the better quality & more accurate your water testing will become.

Really? A link to an extremely expensive test strip company is your first post?
How is that more affordable than liquid test kits?

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Really? A link to an extremely expensive test strip company is your first post?
How is that more affordable than liquid test kits?
Dead post. HaHa, it's okay. Welcome to the forum.
Edit: Unless of course there is an interest in the linked over priced test which makes more sense. :whistle:

Last edited:

Ask a Question