Pond master test kit vs freshwater master test kit

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I was looking at the pond master test kit to see the difference between it and the freshwater master test kit that I’m using for my tank and pond at the moment. It seems the biggest difference between the two is that the pH is the wide range test for ponds and it has phosphates instead of nitrates. Now, I can maybe presume/assume that the reason it has phosphates is because they are a major reason for algae blooms, right? However, I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to test for nitrates. Unless this is because most ponds are pretty heavily planted and the nitrates would probably be pretty low in that case? Is my understanding of this on track or am I missing something?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We went through this a few years ago and found out that the same master test kit can contain different individual test kits depending on where you lived.
I would buy the master test kit that has the most components that you're looking for and then buy the individual test kits for what else you want to test for.

Ask a Question