Waterfall design help

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd give upon your idea of that Boulder with water and look at what you can make Along side and incorporating that rock in a waterfall and a small pond that comes in front of your boulder.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I'm with GBBUDD.
Here's what I would do...pile a mound of soil in front of the boulder pitched away from the boulder. Shape it in a concave fashion and with shelves to support rocks for a waterfall. This will be the base of your waterfall. Then dig a pond in front of that. Now lay a liner in the pond and up onto the concave mound of soil. Build your rock waterfall, add you plumbing.
Now you have a waterfall feeding your pond and that beautiful boulder as a backdrop.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am 1/2 polish, my mom was from poland, they left at the beginning of ww1, went to Canada, then came down to the US
very much the same great grandma came at the start to ww1 family tree pretty much stops with her as Poland was erased during those times. and her siblings disappeared in ww2

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One of my cousins did a huge family tree search, on my mom's side, I have not looked at it in awhile (12ish years) , but she tracked them back to poland. Old pictures and everything. Most of what she had was here in the states and in Canada

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
in the scheme of the internet your a neighbor im on the east side of 691. Are you looking to dress up the back yard with some elbow grease or are you willing to spend a dollar to make that dream. close to reality.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Same story @addy1 she had relatives who made it to Anotoba I believe it was . But her brother who gave her the ticket to the states he disappeared shortly after she left She was something else spoke little English but boy was she a mule. i remember every year i'd ask how old she was and they told me 92 well i was young but not so young i didn't remember she never aged in number . and she made kruusties that i loved . recipe die with her. Brings a smile to my face. "{Yes i do smile}" thinking about her. the poor thing had arthritis so bad in her hands her fingernails were curled over the tips of her fingers but i never stopped her

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Her mom died when I was young, 8ish, I just remember a big lady that did not want us kids to take m & m's out of her m&m machine on the table. We did not get back up to PA very often. Too many kids to haul, for a long time no car, dad rode the train to work. My last grandparent died when I was 10. We weren't poor but we weren't flush enough to afford a car.
We were not really introduced to polish food and or ways. My dad was a mutt, english, irish, american lol

Reaction score
Country
United States
in the scheme of the internet your a neighbor im on the east side of 691. Are you looking to dress up the back yard with some elbow grease or are you willing to spend a dollar to make that dream. close to reality.
my dream destroyed 25k for dang waterfall. gosh :) can the gov give us 20million in ppp loans like them restaurants :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
can you build your own waterfall and use you tube to figure out what you want .You could make several small waterfalls as that seems to be popular right now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I don't are any way to make your dream work with out destroying the lookof the bolder, or lots of money.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It comes down to are you handy ?. Are you good with your hands ? Can you think like water and ice? There are ways to do it but if boulders has deep fissures / cracks then I would hang up on the idea. Then again you can always pull out the garden hose for an hour and watch the water run off the Boulde

Ask a Question