Tame a waterfall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I am looking for a way to help calm the water coming from the waterfall so I can see into the pond better. I don't want to take apart the large slab that the water runs over as it would be difficult to anchor again now that the pond is running. I was thinking maybe a curved 1/4" clear plexiglass in front of the waterfall just at water level. Other choice might be to try and raise the water level but not sure that would help or that I have the liner height.
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 6.29.23 PM.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What if you put a rock about halfway back to split the flow? It might give you a clear spot in the center as the water flows on either side of the rock.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I tried that with a few different directions but still not much better. I do see the fish 5 feet down but it is not to clear. I have a top pond with a couple of Koi and goldfish that is glass smooth with water fed in below the gravel and a spillway out. I might have to be satisfied with 1 clear pool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I have not seen any predators except the bald eagles. Think the pond is ok with it beside the house ( 1.5 stories above) 5.5 ft strait sides with rocks overhanging the edge as well as only 7' wide.My concern are the bears going for a swim in the late summer/fall when they come around for the apples.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I added an underwater adapter to my 1 pump to allow some of the water to flow across the bottom of the pond .I just used pvc pipe and clamps

Ask a Question