Waterfall spout cosmetics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Okay, I have an ugly waterfall spout, hacked together with EPDM. It works, but could be made prettier and all gray.

IMG_0852.jpg

Is this the right product to spiff it up? Any concern stopping the bog filter for a whole day to let the thing dry?

1702319798202.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Well, maybe (certainly?) I am picky and I'd like the thing to look all grey, hiding the seams etc. :sneaky:

There is also a bit of dust deposited on the EPDM. If it was coated rubber gray, wouldn't see it...

CG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Moss would be cute. How would I attach it to the liner though?

Another thought, rock on a roll, drape it over the whole spout, and glue with polyurethane construction adhesive.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The rock on a roll makes a great spillway. However, once carpet algae grows on it, it's almost impossible to remove it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Moss would be cute. How would I attach it to the liner though?

Another thought, rock on a roll, drape it over the whole spout, and glue with polyurethane construction adhesive.
I just grab large chunks and drape them over stuff and they spread after a while as long as they stay moist.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i would take fabric / underlayment and cover your sides of the spill way hiding your seams bring it right down into the waters edge so it absorbs the water then take some moss you find along a stream in your area preferably with similar sun exposure. take some and rub it on the fabric then take some and glue it to the spillway with waterfall foam . the other thing you can do is use creeping jenney or even something like vica vine it will require you pull some often once it gets going but will look pretty cool, use a couple staples to hold the fabric

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Yeah good idea - creeping jenny is definitely on my "to buy" plants list, I could plant it in the bog near the spillway and let it spread. I would avoid staples to attach fabric as they will break the seal created by the liner. Can I glue the fabric to the liner instead?

I think you mean "vinca vine" or "periwinkle" ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah good idea - creeping jenny is definitely on my "to buy" plants list, I could plant it in the bog near the spillway and let it spread. I would avoid staples to attach fabric as they will break the seal created by the liner. Can I glue the fabric to the liner instead?

I think you mean "vinca vine" or "periwinkle" ?
If you follow @GBBUDD's suggestion about the underlayment, you could simply lay the Creeping Jenny on top and the roots would infiltrate the fabric. Initially you could place a stone to hold it down.
The stuff is really happy to grow into the water too...
20231128_121557-EDIT.jpg

Ask a Question