Waterfall to disappearing basin idea?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What size disappearing waterfall reservoir 10" by 24" but I dont know the amount of water it holds?? also what if I decide to add rock?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What size disappearing waterfall reservoir 10" by 24" but I dont know the amount of water it holds?? also what if I decide to add rock?
Per the manufacturer's website 10" x 24" is the external dimensions. What is needed is the inner dimensions of the scupper basin. Some quick calculation reveals that his could vary from 9 to 18 gallons. I am guessing it is close to the lower number. If you add rocks to this scupper basin it will proportionately reduce its capacity. If you place the same amount of rocks as shown in the posted photo, I am going to guessimate a maximum capacity of 5 gallons of water. Since this is only a guessimate, i would recommend no less than a 20 gallon reservoir for added insurance.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Atlantic manufactures very reliable quality products.
I would recommend that you go with the FP-400. This will provide about 300 gph at the waterfall. I would also shop around a little bit. You may be able to find a better price on both the reservoir and the pump from a pond supply dealer.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you please suggest a better pump that would work. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to build it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can put a ball valve on the pump you have and split the water part goes just to a split pipe and one part will go into the bottom of the pond and other goes to your basin .Any hardware store can guide you on the parts you need to accomplish your goal .Just explain it all and the size of the hose .Some companies even sell splitters already made for the pump you have

Reaction score
Country
United States
You mention no more then 300gph. The pump I found is variable and you said be prepared to regulate it. I was wondering if you suggested another one.

Ask a Question