we downsized....everything!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

We have resident rat/black snakes, 6-7 feet, resident water snakes, now, 4 foot and 18 inches and one time view of a copperhead. I have also seen tiny little snakes all different colors. I just look at them and leave them be. Used to catch them as a kid.
Wow....just.. wow...you got gumption!
I was shoveling concrete posts...muddy mess...got bit by baby copperhead.....Skeeter stuck my foot in a big bucket of cold water...ice too..i fell asleep on the couch with my foot dangling in there...very much pain..turned black and numb at bite site..many years back

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
new state...new home...new pond...

my husband and me just joined the forum...
he's...skeeter.....

we moved from North Carolina to Southern Illinois 4 + years ago to be near our daughter....

we had 2 large goldfish ponds back there...one total shade...one...total sun...
they thrived...never an issue other than replacing g pumps ..

we went smaller here....and had to buy the rocks...which were in abundance down south..and free....here....they're like gold...
managed to find some...have ordered the plants...have a rock tunnel in...using an umbrella for temp shade til plants get growing...

few goldfish in......
we will add a viewing bench ..
we could walk around and on the large rocks we had down there...moss had covered most...we had salamanders...small visiting turtles...dragonflies....course...frogs....

no rock walking here...space is limited...but we plan to enjoy it.....the birds will too as we have shallow entrances for them...

best thing here...no snakes....but a resident coon...we know will pay this a visit...yikes!

Sorry sooo long...we like this forum...funny and informative..View attachment 139786
Hi and welcome to GPF! (Garden pond fanatics). Very pretty pond! I’m in Northern Illinois.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The Seattle people creatures living on the streets are far enough away from us northern folks................so far!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think we should ship them all to California, and take all the good working people out of there and just let that state go to pot or worse! It's going down fast anyways. I hope Seattle gets a brain one of these days! Now they are throwing things off the overpasses down there and hitting cars on the freeway! The police tried to catch one guy they caught on a camera but the guy out ran them. Throwing rocks, bikes,scooters anything! Someone is going to die!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think we should ship them all to California, and take all the good working people out of there and just let that state go to pot or worse! It's going down fast anyways. I hope Seattle gets a brain one of these days! Now they are throwing things off the overpasses down there and hitting cars on the freeway! The police tried to catch one guy they caught on a camera but the guy out ran them. Throwing rocks, bikes,scooters anything! Someone is going to die!
i can't even stand to watch the news anymore...our son wants to move his family to Tennessee.....he was stationed in the coast guard there.. now he's retired......the good states left...are being taken over too

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it's all over the country and I don't know how this is all gonna turn out in the end. It's like an invasion of non wanting to work, brain dead drugged out zombies...............and we thought covid was bad. We haven't seen nothing yet if it keeps up the way its going!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep it's all over the country and I don't know how this is all gonna turn out in the end. It's like an invasion of non wanting to work, brain dead drugged out zombies...............and we thought covid was bad. We haven't seen nothing yet if it keeps up the way its going!
i know exactly how you feel...depressing ....sad...mad.....
i just had to escape it all...can't view it...hear it...God help us all

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
we have a son in Bremerton..we were there 2 yrs ago...lots there
it’s nice you followed your daughter here. We had a great day at the beach today with our 3 year old grandson. His parents are planning to move soon to Florida so that will make things hard. We also have other children and grandchildren all over the country so it’s not an easy decision where to move if we decided to. Also I would need to check with my fish that they were okay with moving!

Reaction score
Country
United States
it’s nice you followed your daughter here. We had a great day at the beach today with our 3 year old grandson. His parents are planning to move soon to Florida so that will make things hard. We also have other children and grandchildren all over the country so it’s not an easy decision where to move if we decided to. Also I would need to check with my fish that they were okay with moving!
yes.. Florida is a long trip....and with them scattered around the country...difficult to bond at young age...and getting old without any family around...helped us decide that we needed to uproot and go....the people that bought our hose inherited the fish ponds there...and luv them..

Ask a Question