Weahterproof outlet boxes are too small for the plugs

Reaction score
All the plugs on the lights, piggyback float switch plugged into the pump will not work in an outdoor weatherproof box, what does everyone else do about this problem? The boxes are too close to the actual outlet for anything to plug in, sides and bottom is an issue. Thanks

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Always used this type. Never an issue.
upload_2017-4-18_13-25-50.jpeg

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What is the outlet box mounted to? If a free-standing post, the entire post and box can be draped in some waterproof material such as pond liner, tarp, etc.

Reaction score
What is the outlet box mounted to? If a free-standing post, the entire post and box can be draped in some waterproof material such as pond liner, tarp, etc.
I would like to get my misspelled weatherproof corrected, how do you edit your thread? It is mounted to a wooden post. I thought about re configuring an electrical box that has the screw on lid to house my 4 outlets.I am going to try to take some pics tonight if it isn't raining and update tomorrow. Thank you for the input!! I am all about the way it looks thou so not sure if I can make that attractive.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would like to get my misspelled weatherproof corrected, how do you edit your thread?

If a posted comment needs to be edited, this can be done for several minutes after posting. Look at the bottom of the comment needing editing and you will see "edit delete report". Click on edit.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put a piece of plastic over the top of mine .It was cut from a piece of damaged vinyl siding and just stapled over the top .This way I am sure nothing gets into my plugs from wind blown rain .With my neighbors I cut a tote apart and attached it to the post .We get lots of wind blown heavy rain storms here .My son also put my outlets on switch's that are inside my closet so .I can switch outlets off from inside .The ones with the pumps plugged into have overrides that if something gets over heated it shuts off.I can't remember the name of it .I think it was called a smart plug and switch .

Reaction score
I put a piece of plastic over the top of mine .It was cut from a piece of damaged vinyl siding and just stapled over the top .This way I am sure nothing gets into my plugs from wind blown rain .With my neighbors I cut a tote apart and attached it to the post .We get lots of wind blown heavy rain storms here .My son also put my outlets on switch's that are inside my closet so .I can switch outlets off from inside .The ones with the pumps plugged into have overrides that if something gets over heated it shuts off.I can't remember the name of it .I think it was called a smart plug and switch .
Ok, thanks. My post in right beside the pond so you see it, worried it will not look very attractive thou. I too have lots of damaging wind at my house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I was lucky enough to find a small "house like structure" set out for trash. I painted it a forest green and hung a wooden fish on it :) It hides my electrical and other stuff too !

You can see a picture of it, on a thread I just posted, titled Sand and Gravel Filter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how bout one of those fake rocks like they put over well heads and septic tank clean outs .They are not cheap but at least not to heavy .If you have a handy person they could build you something like tula has .I built the little house for my aerator and spare parts storage

Attachments

• 100_9636.JPG
    100_9636.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 229
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i use plastic paint bucket with air tight cap for aerator and plug

Ask a Question