What are you doing for this Covid Memorial day

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The deer have munched the top of the roses. What is weird is that the woods are waaaay to the back of the property and the roses are waaaaay to the front, down by the road. They must walk down the middle of the road at night and have some snacks! I have been surprised that they don't eat the hostas! I thought they loved them!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have no problem if others want to wear a mask. However, there are people who, for medical reasons, cannot or should not wear a mask. My husband is one of them. His oxygen levels tend to drop with his blood pressure and he gets weak and dizzy. Now he worries about going out without a mask because of what other people might say - he doesn't want to incite a riot. People shouldn't fear being chastised in public for ANY reason.

My daughter had another customer in line in a restaurant yesterday start complaining loudly about her and asking the staff to remove her and make her wait outside because she didn't have a mask on. My daughter didn't want to cause a problem for the young woman behind the counter so she turned to the complainer and said "You know what? It's a gorgeous day so I WILL go wait outdoors because YOU are making me nervous with the number of times YOU'VE touched your own FACE."

And that's when it becomes a problem - when other people feel they have the right to police your behavior.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a guy who thought pulling my t shirt up over my nose and mouth was not sufficient, It wasn't pleasant.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hubby had the day off. We made a trip to Home Depot for mulch. Then he dug up a couple of shrubs that previous owners had planted too close to other shrubs, we spread mulch, and did a little more outdoor stuff until the thunderstorms hit. Then it was nap time.

We have a new (our first-ever) bluebird nest box and we were blessed with immediate occupancy! Mom and Dad BB (and a juvenile I guess from a previous brood) have welcomed 5 cute little naked babies into the world — we are counting yesterday, Sunday, as hatchling day #1. Hubby and I spent time sitting on the back porch, watching the comings and goings of the proud parents!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Build a swing frame for the youngest today, hung a large saucer swing and a hammock chair for relaxing near the pond. As for memorial day I'm definitely one for appreciating freedom, so no I won't be complying with any mask law, unless I have to be near someone who asks me to ware one due to fear. I have no love of tech companies censoring Drs from Ireland, Sweden, LA, Taiwan and South Korea, and many other medical professionals worldwide who have a different opinion on Covid. The first amendment needs to be respected, free speech is not available worldwide and that is a shame. The free exchange of ideas and opinions throughout American history played a large part in making this country brilliant. So I will always beware of any person, political group, or company who censor opposing opinions, we just have to see countries abroad today, or read history to see how to see how badly that turns out. It's a real shame to see American companies engage in censorship. So yes memorial day is a time to celebrate freedom and the brave men and women who died to give it to us, and no I will not be giving away my freedom any time soon. My new swing is ten feet high and the kids love it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sitting on our boat over in the marina. A lot of boaters out, in the bay, a lot coming by to get gas.

Not tons of people around. Everybody we have run into has kept a nice distance. No masks seen but if you are outside in a non crowded area with a good breeze blowing all should be fine. We did only cross paths with two people. We both stepped aside to give more room.

If it is crowded we can just stay on our boat and stay away from them.

Talked a bit to the sail boat people next to us, him a IT professional, her a Doc, with two of the cutest little kids. Even when in dock they had both kids in life preservers. They come every weekend. By talking we were around 20 feet apart, talking across the water. It was nice to chat with zero mention of virus!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hubby had the day off. We made a trip to Home Depot for mulch. Then he dug up a couple of shrubs that previous owners had planted too close to other shrubs, we spread mulch, and did a little more outdoor stuff until the thunderstorms hit. Then it was nap time.

We have a new (our first-ever) bluebird nest box and we were blessed with immediate occupancy! Mom and Dad BB (and a juvenile I guess from a previous brood) have welcomed 5 cute little naked babies into the world — we are counting yesterday, Sunday, as hatchling day #1. Hubby and I spent time sitting on the back porch, watching the comings and goings of the proud parents!
I love the bluebirds!!!!!

Ask a Question