What are you doing for this Covid Memorial day

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have been fortunate to have a job that is considered essential people like to have power. But i am envious of those who got to stay home for 3 months. As i sit here pond side watching the koi, listening to to the waterfalls, having a small fire all the while it is drizzling off and on. It beats a good day at work every time ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Looking forward to a day in the yard as well. Some pond time, a fire later, some gardening. Yesterday we crossed the border into Freedom - or Wisconsin if you prefer. People out and about, carrying on with life. Illinois faces a court decision tomorrow - pray for us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Our exercise studio has been doing online classes. This morning our instructor wore a patriotic outfit and all the music was patriotic too :) We're planning a cook out.....the Beyond Burgers are very good if I do say so myself! Planing on gardening, maybe a dip in the pool and reading.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Have to work on some numbers for job estimates, that I procrastinated on all weekend. Once that is done though probably hanging out on our covered back deck with the wife and our 2 pooches, listening to the running water and watching the pond/nature.
FE0363E5-5AEB-47F0-8188-00F3DE350A33.jpeg Currently eating breakfast staring out window

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yard work as always and staying home .Our governor may announce a mandatory face mask law .Getting to work in my workshop and clean up basement so more .But getting cloudy out again .fed my fat cats .I want to get the other screen door up on my bedroom sliding doors .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Feeling thankful for all the military people who sacrificed their lives so we can be free. Not sure we are so free right now tho but hoping it will get better soon.

1590418729406.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm so done with covid dumb azz govenors

JBViper4

Fishkeeper
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Putting landscape edging around my pond, playing guitar poolside with my buddy, and grilling something tasty, remembering those who gave all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not picking on you @sissy but governors don't "announce laws". Legislatures PASS laws. That's why we have three separate branches of the government. And anyone can feel free to wear a mask even without the governor's help if you feel it's necessary.

I've had lots of "interesting" conversations with people who say "well I don't LIKE wearing a mask but it's the LAW". Um, no. It's a SUGGESTION. A RECOMMENDATION. Or in my delightful state of Illinois... an EDICT from the KING.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Working in my garden (doing a lot of watering it’s been hot and dry)
Then relaxing on my patio and throwing some ribs on the grill

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are all living in a society where Patriots gave there lives there limbs there freedom for ours. And I will not let a few who think only there option is THE WAY. This is America are founding fathers knew what it was like to live in terany and be told this is what you will be and do. 3/4 of the people on this planet can only dream of freedom don't waste it.
When I visited the wall for the first time it was more moving and emotional to me than even a loved ones passing. I thank all those who have fought for are rights and I for one will not give them up for anything not even a virus. If it gets me I die free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Just here doing some projects around the house. Feeling thankful to live where I do. Glad to be in a country where people can disagree, even if the back and forth is unpleasant and makes me nervous. I'm in GA and wearing masks is a request and a suggestion. In my own PERSONAL opinion - and no one has to share it - it's just mine - I'm happy to wear a mask around others. I don't have any difficulties with it, so I'm happy to do it to help protect the people around me. It is allowing my state to get back to business. I wish more people were choosing to wear them, but it's OK. We had a mini graduation party with family outdoors, 6 feet apart and with about half of us wearing masks. We have several medically fragile people in the family, so I wish more of them decided to cover their faces -- but outdoors, it's not as much of an issue. Son and I are going to spend the afternoon putting together some grad gifts and walking them around the neighborhood. Burgers on the grill and corn on the cob tonight! We've had some deer visiting the yard the last few days, which is fun! It's been a very low key kind of day - and that is nice!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Face masks are required here, not getting in a store without one! Guess this is why I only go out every 2-3 weeks. Working on getting rest of deck garden planted and flower pots done.
I'm guessing all the members here who are so happy to have deer visit their yards don't have gardens! Like seeing the deer, just not in my yard!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm with you. mrsclem. I love watching the deer - anywhere but in my yard!! Fortunately the perimeter fence of deer mesh that we put up for the dogs, even though it's only about 4' tall, has so far deterred them from jumping in.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well he made the statement on his daily update and he wants it enforced .The thing is the worst cases are all up by DC and in Richmond not down my way .I can hear cicadas already and deer ticks are bad ,I just 2 off of me and they are so tiny it is hard to see them

Ask a Question