what is considered a good price per square foot of liner

Reaction score
i might be increasing the size of my pond and im wondering what is considered a good price for the liner per square foot so that i can try to get the best deal. assuming it is 45 mil
thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the bend tarp and liner , liner I picked up is tough stuff, if I recall right around 45 per sq ft. ppl24 I used that in my arizona pond, used ppl 36 in this pond, too many rocks. It can be laid right on raked dirt.

Reaction score
I did go and found out that 50% off is still not cheap.....it's independently owned so they pay what we pay so I don't blame them I guess.

Reaction score
i found someone who is selling firegaurd 45 mil pond liner for 75 cents per square foot and then another brand of also rubber 45 mil pond liner for 70 cents per square foot and you know there is another shop by my house that seels liner at i think 56 cents per square foot possibley....just wondering how much does home depot charge per square foot of liner?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I didn't know Home Depot sold by the foot. I thought they just sold pre-cut pkgs of the not so quality thinner stuff?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
talal101 said:
Wow 45 a petstore near me has all pond supplies for 50% off I can't wait to go lol

Talal that was 0.45 not 45 dollars..................I didn't think the cost was that bad, the stuff is great.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
HD has 15' wide rolls and you can buy any length for $10.50 a foot. At least when I bought it last that was the price. Oh and it was 55 mil.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe it's cuz you are in Cali cuz I've never seen it here that I can remember unless it's a new product :lol: 55 is a good thickness too for durability :cool:

Reaction score
addy1 said:
Talal that was 0.45 not 45 dollars..................I didn't think the cost was that bad, the stuff is great.
no lol i meant wow in a good way as in only 0.45 is great lol addy

DrDave said:
HD has 15' wide rolls and you can buy any length for $10.50 a foot. At least when I bought it last that was the price. Oh and it was 55 mil.
thank you dr dave, hmm sounds very interesting, i will look into that for sure and 55 mil is amazing

j.w said:
Maybe it's cuz you are in Cali cuz I've never seen it here that I can remember unless it's a new product :lol: 55 is a good thickness too for durability :cool:

hahaha j.w it seems to me that you are really itching and looking for a reason to build a bigger pond lol, "oops honey i accidentally drove the lawn mower into the pond, time to build a bigger one"

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is really tough stuff talal, can install without underlayment, just raked dirt. Survives deer hooves. I did carpet pad and the ppl 36 do to the amount of rock we have, little dirt lots of rock lol

I used the same in my pond in arizona, the ppl24

Ask a Question