addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
70 here today also. Hasn't been this warm on this day for over a hundred yrs. Hope your bees don't run out of food @addy!
I will need to call my neighbor and have them put more food on the hives.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow. I thought I put a lot of sugar in my raspberries. Not quite that much, though.

We start feeding in July, slow down in September when the fall nectar flow starts, but then feed heavy in October. I made around 200 lbs of sugar blocks for them: sugar, vinegar, probiotics, electrolytes, citric acid and some essential oils.
They are stored in the house at this moment, we put around 8 lbs on each hive before we left.

We feed them 2/1 sugar water two parts sugar one part water. A lot of boiling water made then using a paint mixer to stir and stir and stir.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We got a tiny bit of rain last night but not much .Up early getting laundry done dish's done so I can go grocery shopping .Second load of laundry first load outside drying .Gosh the air smells so good outside even though it was not much rain .Sun is out now and supposed to be 66 degrees.No frost yet and lots of states getting warm weather I see

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Layers..............too funny! I wear layers here all year long. Today we are still, gray and I am going to get murdered today by the dentist :eek:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
48°F and we're expected to see below freezing temps tonight for the first time this season. :cold: Many 50°+ days in the forecast, though.

Ask a Question