sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We were hot but not bad .I got all the old mulch out of the driveway beds and it is spread around trees around the back and was going to puit new mulch in but need a rest .I did not want to put the new black mulch on top of that old stuff .Cloudy now but no rain but says rain tonight and tomorrow and I hope so

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
90 degrees and still have tomato's .I picked 2 bowls full they love that pond water .
I canned tomatoes today. A few weeks ago, I made about 5 gallons of spaghetti meat sauce. Used peppers and onions from the garden, too. We have a cryovac machine so divided it up in about 20 bags. It makes for nice, easy meals in the winter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
canned with my mom growing up and still canned after i bought my first house .But now i have not done it since i moved to VA .I do have a vacuum sealer and freeze stuff .I just froze eggplant all fried up and ready for eggplant parm .Flash froze strawberries and blueberries from my garden .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Fall harvest is definitely one of my favorite times of the year.
I didn't know you could freeze eggplant.
I have one in our fridge right now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You have to slice it and fry it in bread crumbs and I put wax paper between each slice and this way all I have to do is pull it out of the freezer and let thaw and make the dish .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got plenty of tomatoes again this year. I gather them up and make chilli and tomato sauce. I used to can then but now I just eat and cook them up as they rippen.

It rained two inches over weekend so ground not dry as bone anymore. No fires or smoke either anymore.
Last night I had a party by the pond on my haunted Gazebo with a few friends from work. We had lots of wine and laughed our heads off. It was a good to laugh and we all had a good time :LOL:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hot! supposedly cooling off starting tomorrow, i.e. down to normal 80's

My best tomatoes came from the volunteer plants. One is giving me great plum ones, right next to one of the bee hives, a foot away.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My best tomato plant is the one by the pond and glad you are enjoying your self colleen as winter is coming an we will be all bundled up again ,shaking in our boots .I just hope it is a short winter and may the snow melt fast

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You have to slice it and fry it in bread crumbs and I put wax paper between each slice and this way all I have to do is pull it out of the freezer and let thaw and make the dish .

Well we tried that for dinner tonight, but it was so good there wasn't anything left.

Ask a Question