What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I love spaghetti squash too! Excellent replacement instead of real pasta. Love it buttered up and baked then add sauce and eat it right out of the half shell.

OK. I am making a BIG Prediction. Winter is NOT Coming this year! Not a real Canadian winter anyway. Temperatures will be very mild and spring will arrive extra early. I see myself planting Panzies in March!
And I know this how??? The birdies told me. Birds around here are not doing their traditional "flocking together" thar usually happens in late August. Also the birds that live in my vine that grows on the house, usually come back to vine in August and prepare for winter. Not this year. The babies are only coming back now and not in any huge number like before hard winter approaches.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dark clouds rolling over now and hoping for rain instead of the sound and light show with no rain

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I love spaghetti squash too! Excellent replacement instead of real pasta. Love it buttered up and baked then add sauce and eat it right out of the half shell.

OK. I am making a BIG Prediction. Winter is NOT Coming this year! Not a real Canadian winter anyway. Temperatures will be very mild and spring will arrive extra early. I see myself planting Panzies in March!
And I know this how??? The birdies told me. Birds around here are not doing their traditional "flocking together" thar usually happens in late August. Also the birds that live in my vine that grows on the house, usually come back to vine in August and prepare for winter. Not this year. The babies are only coming back now and not in any huge number like before hard winter approaches.
Think you could extend that prediction to Ontario as well? PULLLLLEEEEZZZE!:D
John

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Look!!! Apple Tree in sunny Medicine Hat thinks it's spring too and is in full BLOOM! !

Today's Paper. ..
20150912_105515.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I guess that tree is confused and it may harm production next year .I just don't like spiders, ran into a spider web on my sisters front porch this morning, no fun at 7 am .We headed to NC and then I found this place for us to go on October 9 to 11th .Greenliving market and they also have a consignment shop and a face book page and they have pics of some neat things there .The market will be in Ridgeway here .can't wait already printed out my sisters and my tickets for it for money off the entrance fee .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20150912_130122.jpg
I love outdoor open air markets. They are most interesting and where unusual items can be found. Plus shopping out in the "big wide outside " under blue skies feels just plain good.

So here I sit, quarter to midnight, inside my playfully decorated Haunted Gazebo, just listening to music on the radio. Life is always better outside by my ponds, especially cause the nights are still nice!

Attachments

• 20150912_233031.jpg
    20150912_233031.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what a nice day trimmed all the yard and have to mow again but got busy in the basement >gotta say the dump pays off old wooden fence and every time I go if I see wheels on something they become mine and Max Kendall wood scrap yard comes in handy .Did 6 of these and made stuffed peppers from my garden .Made a couple of veggie stuffed peppers for me yummy .The rolling plant holders will be for my back decks and 2 for my sister

Attachments

• peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 011.JPG
    peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 011.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 135
  • peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 010.JPG
    peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 010.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 143
  • peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 009.JPG
    peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 009.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 157
  • peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 004.JPG
    peppers and new plant holdrs 2015 004.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 92

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Your so handy to have around, good Job Sissy! :)
Rain, and thunderstorms all night long. Today is overcast and cooler, looks like more rain is coming.
Yesterday I got one net up over top pond to stop leaves from falling in. Three more ponds to cover but I need more twine first.

Ask a Question