sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dead branch's are the worst they just fall when they want too .Scared me and lucky i saw it and stopped the mower in time .Thank you but i am beginning to think this property is out to get me ;)Had to pull the branch down and it was still trying to get me ,curved back and almost hit me again .The tree is completely dead and hollow so may have to get someone to take it down before it falls down on it's own
.The one on the ground next to it fell 7 years ago and that was as far as I could drag it after it fell

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
was out and bought stuff for my owl nuts sister.bought her a pocket book this past weekend an early birthday present

Attachments

• owls 001.JPG
    owls 001.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 95
  • owls 002.JPG
    owls 002.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Temps have been glorious, beautiful fall weather here in south central IL! We've had 70's and low 80's this past week, no rain. Tomorrow night supposed to go down to possibly freezing and same for Sat. night, then warming back up next week. Flowers are blooming everywhere in my yard, at least petunias and my clematis decided to bloom again, and has lots of pretty flowers. Most plants are winding down, as they should be, but impatients are still blooming beautifully. My dahlias are in full bloom. Going to have to take pics in the morning, because by Sat. morning, most of these will be dead, I assume. I think I am ready for fall, though. It's been really dry again, though. Grass is actually crunchy underfoot. I mowed yesterday, and tonight it seemed crunchy. No more than half inch of rain in the last 3 weeks or so, and none predicted until middle of next week. Farmers are happy to get crops out, though. I just wish a good shower would settle the dust. Can't have windows open when all that dust is flying around.
Happy Fall, everyone!!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We are definitely in fall weather. We've been in the 70's-90's this last week and this weekend it's supposed to get chilly, high of 70's. I'm enjoying the cooler weather but am not ready for the cold. I've got blooms on a few lilies and my fall flowers are pretty, but we've got the same crunchy grass as you CE.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We have a freeze warning for tonight. Expected to hit 31°F tonight, 33°F tomorrow night.

Then monday we're expected to get near 70°F and windy, then 60s and rain later in the week.

Our weather is all over the place.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow that's pretty crazy weather. A 40 degree swing?? You have to check the weather before deciding what to wear?

Actually, what I wear at 70°F is generally the same as what I wear at 30°F. Depending on the wind, maybe throw on a winter hat or something.

Around here, 30° is right around the limit of shorts weather. :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I recall quite a few times shovelling snow while wearing shorts. Not so much anymore, but there are still times. 30°F is nice and warm when the sun is out and you're doing things to keep moving and keep warm.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Man I wish I was like that. The only thing I can imagine doing in shorts outside in 30F weather is dying. Just laying down moaning and waiting for death to take me....
I'm just a big wuss when it comes to cold weather. We are heading to Mass for Turkey Day and I'm already in a panic.

Ask a Question