What kind of car do you drive; how old and how many miles?

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Wait a minute there I think you each time it happened to her vehicle .Sounds like a bad omen to me .I own fords because I get such a great employee discount and so far have always had luck with them except for my Thunderbird .Almost brand new just over 1000 miles an hubby bought it for my birthday brand new .Champagne interior and exterior because he said I deserved it .I always got the hand me down vehicle when he got a new one .Son needed hubbies truck so hubby took my Tbird up to work at ford plant which was less then 10 minutes from my house if you hit the the red light on route 1 and first time he drove it and he blew the head gasket .Ford took the car back and I used the money to by my sport trac .I love it but it does eat gas .
I work on a fleet of Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge vehicles with my School board mechanic job.
I'm totally underwhelmed.
Total job security.
Not that some don't soldier on without falling apart.
Mostly now it's bad transmissions at around 30 to 35,000 miles.
Everyone likes something different.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
The car I actually drive is a 2006 Honda Odyssey minivan with 175000 miles on it. I call it the Trout Mobile because I can keep my fly fishing gear in it strung up and ready to fish at a moment's notice.

I do own this car, however, but it stays in Florida for racing:

19957886943_253292b729_o - Copy.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think if you maintain a vehicle it will last .I always have the vehicles maintained and only ever had minor problems which is normal stuff like breaks and batteries and tires .I did have an oxygen sensor go bad in mine and a fuel line hose that split ,but i replaced it by myself .Air filters need changed .Down here I have had my goodyear tires dry rot. .Changed a bulb in the license plate and one tail light bulb .I won't use synthetic oil in them because they do not run good on it .Auto tech does my oil changes with regular oil not that high mileage oil ..14dollars and done .I take care of my lawnmowers the same as my vehicles .I pull the pulleys and grease them and grease every thing 2 times a year and gas filters .Gas is garbage these days and dirty .The additive can kill an engine quick ,hard and fast .

B

Burd

I have a 2005 Avalanche, I take good care of it, they stopped making them, but it's one thing after another, rite now when you drive it imsmell gas, a line or the sending unit is leaking, this it after $1,700 on brakes and front end, I think it's time to go. I bought a Chrysler mini van off a lady I work for, 27,000 miles, it's a 2000, loaded, clean, no rust, never driven in winter. But I hate driving a minivan. Lol, I also have a 1995 Infiniti Q45, fun car to drive, 300 HP, clean no rust, not striven in winter either, I guess we need a SHOW YOUR GARAGE thread, LOL

B

Burd

I go to Cars & Coffee at 14 & Woodward, there's a GTR that shows up there once in a while, sweet car.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I have a 2005 Avalanche, I take good care of it, they stopped making them, but it's one thing after another, rite now when you drive it imsmell gas, a line or the sending unit is leaking, this it after $1,700 on brakes and front end, I think it's time to go. I bought a Chrysler mini van off a lady I work for, 27,000 miles, it's a 2000, loaded, clean, no rust, never driven in winter. But I hate driving a minivan. Lol, I also have a 1995 Infiniti Q45, fun car to drive, 300 HP, clean no rust, not striven in winter either, I guess we need a SHOW YOUR GARAGE thread, LOL
Check your cannister and the lines going to it. They get filled with fuel and not just vapor after a bunch of miles.
Also, a bad sealing fuel cap can make the cab smell like fuel.
These are cheap fixes and not things that can cause a fire like the other fuel smell issues.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I think if you maintain a vehicle it will last .I always have the vehicles maintained and only ever had minor problems which is normal stuff like breaks and batteries and tires .I did have an oxygen sensor go bad in mine and a fuel line hose that split ,but i replaced it by myself .Air filters need changed .Down here I have had my goodyear tires dry rot. .Changed a bulb in the license plate and one tail light bulb .I won't use synthetic oil in them because they do not run good on it .Auto tech does my oil changes with regular oil not that high mileage oil ..14dollars and done .I take care of my lawnmowers the same as my vehicles .I pull the pulleys and grease them and grease every thing 2 times a year and gas filters .Gas is garbage these days and dirty .The additive can kill an engine quick ,hard and fast .
I've never heard anyone report that their vehicle ran poorly or differently on synthetic oil.
But if it's changed at 3,000 miles and the vehicle isn't left idling a lot, synthetic may be a waste of money.
I use it. But I get a great deal on it in bulk.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I switched to full synthetic mainly because it doesn't break down as quickly and is less reactive to temperature. And if I'm tardy changing oil, I know there's an extra protection factor in using it.

Ask a Question