What kind of fish food are you people feeding your goldfish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
For variety my goldfish like bug bites , main ingredient is insect. It comes in 2 sizes. slowly sinking like flakes. Also alae tabs. They sink to the bottom and slowly dissolve. a couple of those keep my 3 goldfish occupied for 2 or 3 hours.
Thanks for the tip, may have to try those.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I don't often feed mine but when I do I feed them as I might in a tank, a varied diet. Sinking shrimp pellets, dried bloodworms, and some pond floating stuff. They do fine on their own but I like to toss in a treat once in a while so they remember who pays the bills.
Glad to hear that. I do the same thing. I think they’ve only been fed maybe 6-8 times since the pond thawed out from winter. They have always seemed to do well in their own with whatever they funds in the pond but I always wondered if I was starving them. I’ve been using the floating one fish food (the little sticks) but most seem to end up in the skimmer at the end of the day and the fish never sun in a hurry to come up and get them. I’m just looking sure simmering they will get excited for

Ask a Question