The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What upsets me...

1. We live on a rural road where the speed limit is 35, but we have cars and motorcycles that go up the road doing 50, 55, 60, 65+.
2. We live in such a beautiful, rural area. It upsets me that people consider it a "trash can". I find all kinds of things in front of my 400 foot frontage...booze bottles, beer cans, soda cans/bottles, coffee cups, McDonalds/Burger King bags, full trash bags and so much more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Poachers are our biggest neighbourhood problem, but it's for only 2 months of the year.
-except for 2 squirrels that mock me when I go outside. They wear leather jackets, smoke cigarettes and call me a mama's boy so I stay away from that part of the yard.
Mitch; I'd have thought it would have been your moose neighbors and their 'borrowing my swimmin' hole' ways that would be most upsetting...I know if moose got into MY pond, once past the moment of surprise and wonder, there'd be a choice word or two!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My only real pet peeve is neighbors that rent out their house and don't figure they have to take care of the lawn when it grows. I've had to report them more than a few times and in my city, they take this seriously at least. They'll hire a company to cut the offending lawn and attach the cost to the owner's property tax bill if there's no immediate response...but that's the problem when you live next to a landscaper (me); I notice when the outside isn't maintained. When it gets as high as my knees, I figure I better call...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had some great neighbors who moved. The new folks, are very nice, but the husband enjoys working on cars, and a lot of his friends bring their cars to him. He also enjoys revving up his engine, at the crack of dawn !
Tula...... Since I get up so early for work (3:00am).....I tend to do the same on the weekends...... A few years ago I was out with my leaf blower at 6 am, my neighbor came out walking his dog, he didn't say a thing but one look was worth a thousand words. I have since changed my weekend work start time to 8:00 am..... Lol

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Over the summer after we just moved in I noticed someone pushing a baby stroller down my sidewalk that runs from the front of our house down to the alley which is entirely on our property. I was pretty surprised as it was early evening and I was working on the landscaping and didn't expect anyone to be walking through our backyard, I asked him who he was and he explained he lives on the block behind us and he sometimes cuts through our yard and feeds my fish! I later on discussed it with a neighbor who he was. He sometimes works at the church at the end of the block and the little girl he had in the stroller was his grandchild and he indeed lives on the block behind us. Still not happy about him cutting through and the fish feeding. Who know what he was giving them and this might have explained why I had an algae bloom a few months before that. We got one gate for the back and just need one more to totally rectify this situation!
Creepy

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Over the summer after we just moved in I noticed someone pushing a baby stroller down my sidewalk that runs from the front of our house down to the alley which is entirely on our property. I was pretty surprised as it was early evening and I was working on the landscaping and didn't expect anyone to be walking through our backyard, I asked him who he was and he explained he lives on the block behind us and he sometimes cuts through our yard and feeds my fish! I later on discussed it with a neighbor who he was. He sometimes works at the church at the end of the block and the little girl he had in the stroller was his grandchild and he indeed lives on the block behind us. Still not happy about him cutting through and the fish feeding. Who know what he was giving them and this might have explained why I had an algae bloom a few months before that. We got one gate for the back and just need one more to totally rectify this situation!

Or, a toll gate! :cool:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The cutting through wouldn't bother me, all the kids in the neighborhood used to use my driveway to skate and right their bikes ...but feeding your fish without permission it's just wrong!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Or, a toll gate! :cool:
We live on a very long block. Because we are probably the only property that doesn't have locked gates front and back (yet) it is a lot faster for people to cut through our property to the back of their own property than go all the way around the block. Over the summer two men cut through at like 2 or 3 in the morning having a really loud conversation! If it we're me I would try to be quiet! However if this is the biggest problem I'm okay with it. Within 2 miles of us two people were murdered by random gunfire in the last 4-5 weeks including a local school teacher :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to hate those stupid bridges that open to let ships under them .Seemed like hours waiting the for them to close .Also low bridges where trucks would get stuck when they did not pay attention to height limits .There was 1 in Metuchin Nj that at least once a month it would get hit and the train tracks had to be shut down also on top to check for damage .I guess back when the underpass was built trucks were not as tall .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Within 2 miles of us two people were murdered by random gunfire in the last 4-5 weeks including a local school teacher

Chicago is such a beautiful city that's being destroyed by gun violence. Anyone who thinks gun control laws will stop these problems needs to look no further than here to see it just ain't so. People who are ILLEGALLY shooting people don't care if they obtain the gun ILLEGALLY to commit the crime.

@tbendl - you make me laugh! Glad to see you back posting!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Mitch; I'd have thought it would have been your moose neighbors and their 'borrowing my swimmin' hole' ways that would be most upsetting...I know if moose got into MY pond, once past the moment of surprise and wonder, there'd be a choice word or two!

I haven't seen much large wildlife in our yard in the past few years. I think the forest wildlife and I have reached a balance of "you stay out of my yard and I'll stay out of yours"!

Ask a Question