What upsets you in your neighborhood?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZEROPILOT, Nov 21, 2017.

1. ZEROPILOT

brokensword Not all those who wander are lost

Maria; it's the nature of renters, or at least those that claim American birth, imo. I've worked as a landscaper for over 35 years and unless the tenants are from another country, I can guarantee you they'll never care. It's why I'm hired and usually by the owner, not the renter. I can understand that the renter doesn't own a piece of the pie, but they still live there and they're still affected. So, I usually avoid rentals because they never seem to care. I don't need business like this and actively dissuade such from hiring me.

Just my experience but I have a lot of it and it's been this way since the beginning. I have never thought that you should treat where you live as temporary and certainly there should be consideration for neighbors; we all have to see/smell/hear what happens around us.

Okay, rant over...

Michael

brokensword, Nov 24, 2017
    HARO likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. ZEROPILOT

Gemma

Seems to me that's your only option! You can't change people, I would move!

Gemma, Nov 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

HUH have to laugh about the trash cans here we take our garbage to the dump .Funny here there is a combo some take care of the lawn better than they take care of the house .I can't stand it when I see mold or dirt all over the vinyl siding ,I want to stop and tell them to get a pump sprayer mix in bleach and dawn dish detergent and water and spray the house down and wait 15 minutes or so and do it on a damp or cloudy day then hose it off and there you go a clean house .I have seen windows from the inside of an almost new house (3 years old ) that were so dirty you could not see out very good .Door edges that are dirty also .Seals around doors so ripped up that they cannot be doing anything

sissy, Nov 24, 2017
    HARO likes this.
  4. ZEROPILOT

Lisak1

I never mind seeing stuff in the yard - as long as it moves and the grass doesn't grow up around it! haha! We've done plenty of projects that create a big mess while they are ongoing. But eventually that mess gets cleaned up so we can move on to the next one! And living far from other houses you can make as big of a mess as you please!

Lisak1, Nov 24, 2017
    HARO, addy1 and bettasngoldfish like this.
  5. ZEROPILOT

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Tell that to hubby with his car and boat collection, some grass does grow up around them............

addy1, Nov 25, 2017
    HARO likes this.
  6. ZEROPILOT

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

I'm tired of the druggies in our neighborhood and the screaming, fighting, and the killer that is still on the loose. Yes we had somebody killed three blocks down and the house two doors down is connected. Police said there is a danger in our neighborhood and to be vigilant. We now are locked and loaded and ready for creeps. They are everywhere down here. At least druggies are not interested in my yard so thankful for that.

callingcolleen1, Nov 25, 2017
    Gemma and HARO like this.
  7. ZEROPILOT

bettasngoldfish Maria

Ugh, that sounds like a big problem @callingcolleen1

I hope they find the killer soon. And in the mean time please stay safe.

bettasngoldfish, Nov 25, 2017
    callingcolleen1 likes this.
  8. ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Faster than you are.

Is waking up at 3 am also a common thread?
    I've been doing so for many years

ZEROPILOT, Nov 26, 2017
  9. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

better watch colleen if druggies get hungry and they know you have fish ,the you never know may happen .I do not put anything past people these days .I wish the innocent 50's would come back .But welfare and food stamps killed that ,they just had a job making babies and partying and child neglect got worse .It was a hand up but to many people made it into a handout and a paycheck and now we pay the price for it

sissy, Nov 26, 2017
    callingcolleen1 and ZEROPILOT like this.
  10. ZEROPILOT

Patfish Ignore the mask and cape

I must have good neighbors because my bigest problem is someone's freaking cat is getting my fish. image_Capture+_2017-11-24-01-17-12_1511567429914.jpg image_Capture+_2017-11-24-00-28-29_1511567453247.jpg

Patfish, Nov 27, 2017
  11. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

I have a cat problem also .I have window screening over the pond but they have figured out how to climb into the waterfall pond and try to get the fish

sissy, Nov 27, 2017
    ZEROPILOT likes this.
  12. ZEROPILOT

While I was in Georgia visiting my mother for Thanksgiving, I had my hair cut,. The lady doing my hair told me that she has someone who breaks into her home and steals food.
    She must be a great cook!

ZEROPILOT, Nov 28, 2017
    callingcolleen1 and addy1 like this.
  13. ZEROPILOT

Some cat "owners" think that the neighbors yard should be the litterbox. And neighbors pets should be on the menu.
    Most of what I dislike about cats is actually NOT the fault of the cat. It's the way they are kept.
    Would you let your dog free roam the whole neighborhood?

ZEROPILOT, Nov 28, 2017
    sissy likes this.
  14. ZEROPILOT

Angel

got a dog the fre roams. next door neighbors at that.

Angel, Nov 28, 2017
    ZEROPILOT likes this.
  15. ZEROPILOT

Nice

ZEROPILOT, Nov 28, 2017
  16. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

Here in the country there is no leash law and farms and here dogs run free ,but not my dogs .Pickles has a girlfriend people got a female chihuahua and pickles is not fixed and she keeps coming over here .pee wee and puddles are fixed 101_2346.JPG 101_2345.JPG

sissy, Nov 28, 2017
    callingcolleen1 and ZEROPILOT like this.
  17. ZEROPILOT

Pickles, meet my Suki.
    At just 2.5 pounds, a large bird could carry her off if she free ranged.

Attached Files:

ZEROPILOT, Nov 29, 2017
    sissy likes this.
  18. ZEROPILOT

JamieB

I’ve got neighbors that eat my barn cats: they either sneak into the yard, or fly in. Out in the country, the closest human neighbor is a mile away, so the coyotes and owls are the closest neighbors. If they’d stop thinning out the barn cats, I’d be happy with owls. Coyotes harassed the dog, till the two pups started chasing them back. But having deer walk across the yard is nice, and if I could see the quail, pheasant, and turkey, I’d be happy!

JamieB, Nov 29, 2017
    MoonShadows likes this.
  19. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

I have 3 but oh my gosh is suki not the cutest little chi. I have ever seen .my 3 fat boys 2 are apple heads but 1 has the long hair with short legs and pickles is the deer head .All are rescues at different times .Pee wee is the oldest and puddles is next and then last is pickles .They all weigh between 8 lbs to 12 lbs .So poor Suki would be a light weight against my 3 boys .They were all from different puppy mills that got busted .This is pee wee with the king .He was a rescue that past away and was the best and loving guy ever .I rescued him just before I got pee wee and they were buddies .Pee wee and puddles were buddies and loved him .I had no idea how old the king was when I rescued him but he was a lover .When I rescued pickles the birth date was exactly a month after king arthur past away and gosh he does so many things like the king did that it amazes me just in a smaller body .It was funny to see the king being bossed around by chihuahuas pee wee 014.JPG pea wee and the king 011.JPG 101_0724.JPG

sissy, Nov 29, 2017
    ZEROPILOT and qclabrat like this.
  20. ZEROPILOT

qclabrat

I don't that's there any longer, where abouts was it?

qclabrat, Nov 29, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question