sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My dogs go nuts every night because of the deer here and worse the deer ignore my so called mean chihuahuas .How dare they ignore them ;):)I think the deer even laugh at them .What is funny the fawns come right up to the fence and sniff at the dogs .They don't bark at the fawns

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Same here speed limit is 25 and every one goes a heck of a lot faster and should know better .I can't stand people who throw garbage out as they are driving
We live across street of a school. It's a pretty narrow street and cars line up to pick up children from a school several times a day. One day my wife saw a woman waiting in line throw a bag of garbage out her car window while waiting to pick up her child. My wife asked her to pick up her garbage. The woman reprimanded my wife and repeated "you pick it up" and added that she should pick it up if she cares so dxxn much about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep, My wife saw another child cringing in the back seat while this lady was yelling at my wife. Naturally the same car was in line the next day again for pickups.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
throw a bag of garbage out her car window

We were headed into the city one day and saw a commercial truck open his window and toss out a Burger King bag followed by a pizza box - on the expressway! Not only is it littering, but it's dangerous! We got his truck number and reported him to his company. What is wrong with people?? Every time we stop for gas while traveling, I take the opportunity to gather up any trash in the car and throw it out - how hard is it? I wonder what their houses look like!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We live across street of a school. It's a pretty narrow street and cars line up to pick up children from a school several times a day. One day my wife saw a woman waiting in line throw a bag of garbage out her car window while waiting to pick up her child. My wife asked her to pick up her garbage. The woman reprimanded my wife and repeated "you pick it up" and added that she should pick it up if she cares so dxxn much about it.

Your wife should have picked it up and thrown it back in the woman's lap.

I have no complaints about my neighbors, they for the most part mind their own business and the area I live in is pretty quiet, which is why I live there.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to really like my neighborhood (been here over 20 years) but not so much anymore.

We have lost many of the long time neighbors and they have been replaced by renters. Seems no one wants to take care of their property. Neighbor on one side doesn't cut the grass (it has been at least knee high on more than one occasion) garbage doesn't make it to cans so instead ends up all over the yard (including mine) cars are parked in front yards on both sides of me. Drives me crazy as it blocks the view for whoever is pulling out of my driveway. Almost got hit on more than one occasion.

Neighbor on other side has three dogs (2 of them are huge bull mastifs) they are left outside for a long time to destroy everything they can including digging under the fence coming into my yard. They don't pick up after the dogs very often and it smells. Sometimes we would try to sit outside on the patio and the smell would be horrible we would go back in the house.

Several other people on our street park cars in their front yards, what I don't understand is why they don't get tickets. I'm sure the city has an ordinance. Also on garbage collection day we have a handful of neighbors who don't bring their empty trash cans back in from the street. Sometimes they will leave them on the curb for 2 or 3 days. Drives me nuts!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@bettasngoldfish My dad used to tell us to look at the houses where the trash cans sat out after trash day or the driveways weren't shoveled or the grass wasn't mowed - "those are signs of lazy people" he would say. "You don't want to be lazy". As an adult, I figured out why he felt that way - while we all have the freedom to do as we wish, what I do (or don't do) definitely affects my neighbors. The idea of being a good neighbor doesn't seem to cross the minds of too many people.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, lazy is a good word to describe it.

My husband and I have had many a conversation about these issues. We don't want to be the neighbors who complain about every little thing. And believe me when I say our yard isn't a show case but we don't leave garbage around or park in the front yard. We pick up after our dogs and don't leave them outside for hours on end. We just feel it is a bit out of hand and we're not sure how to deal with it. We have actually discussed moving because of these issues (there are other issues as well as the ones I mentioned)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are lucky to live in a nice open area, only two houses sort of close, on the end of a dead end road, 200 foot driveway. Nothing to complain about. And our house is not now or ever a show room. We have stuff around, the stuff varies as to what we are working on or just have not put away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I used to really like my neighborhood (been here over 20 years) but not so much anymore.

We have lost many of the long time neighbors and they have been replaced by renters. Seems no one wants to take care of their property. Neighbor on one side doesn't cut the grass (it has been at least knee high on more than one occasion) garbage doesn't make it to cans so instead ends up all over the yard (including mine) cars are parked in front yards on both sides of me. Drives me crazy as it blocks the view for whoever is pulling out of my driveway. Almost got hit on more than one occasion.

Neighbor on other side has three dogs (2 of them are huge bull mastifs) they are left outside for a long time to destroy everything they can including digging under the fence coming into my yard. They don't pick up after the dogs very often and it smells. Sometimes we would try to sit outside on the patio and the smell would be horrible we would go back in the house.

Several other people on our street park cars in their front yards, what I don't understand is why they don't get tickets. I'm sure the city has an ordinance. Also on garbage collection day we have a handful of neighbors who don't bring their empty trash cans back in from the street. Sometimes they will leave them on the curb for 2 or 3 days. Drives me nuts!
Maria; it's the nature of renters, or at least those that claim American birth, imo. I've worked as a landscaper for over 35 years and unless the tenants are from another country, I can guarantee you they'll never care. It's why I'm hired and usually by the owner, not the renter. I can understand that the renter doesn't own a piece of the pie, but they still live there and they're still affected. So, I usually avoid rentals because they never seem to care. I don't need business like this and actively dissuade such from hiring me.

Just my experience but I have a lot of it and it's been this way since the beginning. I have never thought that you should treat where you live as temporary and certainly there should be consideration for neighbors; we all have to see/smell/hear what happens around us.

Okay, rant over...

Michael

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
. We have actually discussed moving because of these issues (there are other issues as well as the ones I mentioned)
Seems to me that's your only option! You can't change people, I would move!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
HUH have to laugh about the trash cans here we take our garbage to the dump .Funny here there is a combo some take care of the lawn better than they take care of the house .I can't stand it when I see mold or dirt all over the vinyl siding ,I want to stop and tell them to get a pump sprayer mix in bleach and dawn dish detergent and water and spray the house down and wait 15 minutes or so and do it on a damp or cloudy day then hose it off and there you go a clean house .I have seen windows from the inside of an almost new house (3 years old ) that were so dirty you could not see out very good .Door edges that are dirty also .Seals around doors so ripped up that they cannot be doing anything

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have stuff around, the stuff varies as to what we are working on or just have not put away.

I never mind seeing stuff in the yard - as long as it moves and the grass doesn't grow up around it! haha! We've done plenty of projects that create a big mess while they are ongoing. But eventually that mess gets cleaned up so we can move on to the next one! And living far from other houses you can make as big of a mess as you please!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never mind seeing stuff in the yard - as long as it moves and the grass doesn't grow up around it! haha!
Tell that to hubby with his car and boat collection, some grass does grow up around them............

Ask a Question