What upsets you in your neighborhood?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Agree, no leash where there are lots of people around, most parks in NJ require leashes
I ride mountain bikes for most of my recreation and nothing more annoying than a dog chasing after you. I've had friends bit by a dog while riding. Worst, children have been bit by unleashed dogs at parks. I'd hate to see one being put down for that reason, owners need to be responsible and know the risk they are posing for their dogs and others. My friends have never reported the bites as they were minor and are also dog lovers.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Raised bridge was down on 35 and the bridge that trucks hit is still there in Metuchen near Main Street I know because I have friends still there and they live near it and even said it happened the other day.They say there is no money or no way to raise it because the train tracks are above it . .They even saw my son pulling it out .He works for king high towing .Metuchen and Edison used to be nice but now not so much .Roads are in disrepair and tagging going on every where .When the Edison Ford plant left things went down hill fast .Now nothing but places to eat and places to shop .I used to love the fall festival of fireworks in Edison .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Raised bridge was down on 35 and the bridge that trucks hit is still there in Metuchen near Main Street I know because I have friends still there and they live near it and even said it happened the other day.They say there is no money or no way to raise it because the train tracks are above it . .They even saw my son pulling it out .He works for king high towing .Metuchen and Edison used to be nice but now not so much .Roads are in disrepair and tagging going on every where .When the Edison Ford plant left things went down hill fast .Now nothing but places to eat and places to shop .I used to love the fall festival of fireworks in Edison .

okay, know that one well, thought you meant a draw bridge
Metuchen has become a yuppie town of sorts, lots of commuters into the city

-5c78c75e94b4cba3.png

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son always gets called to that one because he has become an expert at getting them out all these years .I don't know how many times I have had to take back roads to get around a stuck truck there .My brother in laws Mom and Dad live close to it .All the warning signs in the world do not stop it .I owned a house on Old Post road down from the Ford Plant .It was a private road with 4 houses on it just before the turnpike overpass and walking bridge ..The road was on the right before the bridge from route 1 .Union hall is gone and not sure if Rich's bar is still there .It has all changed so much and not for the best

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The draw bridge is on route 35 near the boat dock .I lived in London Terrace Apartments when I had my house rented out .

Nick83

Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Reaction score
Weeki Wachee Florida, Home of the mermaids
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
The only thing that upsets me in my neighborhood is when a new house goes up and trees go down. Oh and the trigger happy neighbors with backyard gun ranges and fire their guns like they are at war in a firefight with inanimate objects. For a veteran with ptsd it certainly raises concern and I'm not the only vet who lives in proximity to these idiots. So that's what grinds my gears. :banghead:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Trees go down here all the time from foresting for wood .They are now taking down another 3000 acres over by my sisters house and down farther on Berry hill rd they are now taking down another 2000 acres .Not to build houses either ,just for the wood

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
okay, know that one well, thought you meant a draw bridge
Metuchen has become a yuppie town of sorts, lots of commuters into the city

-5c78c75e94b4cba3.png
Let’s just say some so called professional drivers aren’t very professional any more. My dad and step dad were both truckers, and they knew what route to take, which bridges they fit under, etc. I run team with my dad now, doing hotshot, so mostly oilfield stuff, only gone a day or week or so, mostly with a diesel pickup, but sometimes a semi and flat bed trailer. But oh the stories I’ve heard! I know which of the big companies really train their drivers, and which don’t, or take less skilled drivers. Now there are good drivers at those companies, but a lot not so good ones. That one, didn’t read the bridge height or he’d have stopped before hitting it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The only thing that upsets me in my neighborhood is when a new house goes up and trees go down. Oh and the trigger happy neighbors with backyard gun ranges and fire their guns like they are at war in a firefight with inanimate objects. For a veteran with ptsd it certainly raises concern and I'm not the only vet who lives in proximity to these idiots. So that's what grinds my gears. :banghead:
The field beside us was sold, and new owners almost got shot right after the 4th of July when they came out late at night to set off fireworks. Dad and I are both a bit jumpy, he much more so than I. I don’t do 4th any more. But if someone needs to come to our place to sight in a gun, or get some trigger practice, so long as we both know, it’s fine. It’s the unexpected that gets us.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My neighbors are complete slobs. It looks like Sanford and Son over there. Problem is, they are very nice people. I was going to bring up the mess issue at our next assoc. meeting, then the other day, he helps the elderly lady across the street with a house fire. I can't complain after that...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If their yards a mess, maybe you could offer to help, since he was so kind to her. Let him know, kindly, that the mess bothered you, so you’d like to lend a hand. If it’s full of big junk, as him about moving it, or hiding it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My 2 brother in laws are truckers and work for este .I hate my new neighbors and wish I could shoot them but it is against the law here .I even shot at the target and blew an air horn and they are still here .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My 2 brother in laws are truckers and work for este .I hate my new neighbors and wish I could shoot them but it is against the law here .I even shot at the target and blew an air horn and they are still here .
Pretty sure it’s illegal to shoot them anywhere!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Son paint balled them and they took off .Will keep it ready if they decide to come back .

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Capture+_2017-12-10-11-32-55.png
Capture+_2017-12-10-11-32-55.png
hoping this neighbor falls in
Thinking of putting out mousetraps

Attachments