Wheat Germ the same as All Season?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I only started up my pond this year. The local guy sold me Laguna All Season Goldfish & Koi Food. It says to use when above 50 degrees, which is inline with when others say to stop feeding for the winter.

I'm reading that people are using Wheat Germ food for spring and fall. I'm just about done feeding for the winter, since my water was at 53 degrees at 6:00pm. So I'll just keep using it for now. Should I get Wheat Germ for the spring or is the All Season food fine? Should I be using a different food for the summer?

If anybody cares to know, the ingredients are: Dehulled Soybean Meal, Wheat, Wheat Middlings, Corn Gluten Meal, Fish Meal, Hydrolyzed Poultry Feathers, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Diacalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Salt, Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Yeast Culture, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dI-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflvin, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C).

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
wheatgerm foods are usuallyt sold as spring/fall foods, for the cooler water periods...because its highly digestable. yes it also makes a good all around all season food.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy one that says spring and fall and add organic garlic to it in the spring to help them feed better and to help them ward off any disease .

Ask a Question